Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
JAN 23-24 anyone ?

DTWXRISK

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winter Advisory up for the region for 1-3 inches snow north and west of I 95 and mixy southeast for tonight into Saturday.

Better stock up on salt sand and Jebman shovels, and a ton of firewood. Next week is going to be fun

Dont look now but there is a truckload of moisture in the Southeast http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full.php

Winter Advisory up for the region for 1-3 inches snow north and west of I 95 and mixy southeast for tonight into Saturday.

Better stock up on salt sand and Jebman shovels, and a ton of firewood. Next week is going to be fun

Dont look now but there is a truckload of moisture in the Southeast http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full.php

Yeah I was just looking... It is really holding together and filling in.. A lot of times you get a disjointed front end thump..that is way out in front of the main system.. But this system is definitely compact. I don't know if this is good or bad.

If we only had a decent source of cold air for this system tonight, the entire region would be under a massive WSW and snow enthusiasts would be flying all over the place. 

As for me, I know where I live, and I will be happy with a one nanometer thick coating of fz ra on my cartop before a soaking one to two inch regular rain.

We're getting a strong start to the day with a lot of sunshine, should warm up to 40 easy before that monster glob of moisture slams into us tonight. High elevations are going to get destroyed by freezing rain, sleet and snow, this could be pretty big for them. Steady regular non freezing rains late tonight and tomorrow in and near Woodbridge/Dale City will definitely wash a lot of the gunk off of the roads here in the low lying areas only 60 feet above mean sea level.

Look out farther NE along the coast in northern Mid Atlantic and in the SNE - lots of heavy mix on tap and snow in their higher elevations.

If we had a cold air source this go around - this would be setting up to be downright memorable.

If you take a look at snow totals, the NAM actually shows us getting that thump of snow... http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/navm.html?model=nam4km&region=us&pkg=asnow&runtime=2015012312&fh=15&xpos=81&ypos=0

By the time the precip moves into the area 00z to 03z, 850 temp is above freezing for you with the surface at or just above freezing. would need to come down pretty hard for it to be snow. 

Archived