• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-2015 Pattern Discussion Thread III

BIG FROSTY

Hot off the presses everyone!  We look ahead to the weekend and  How much rain will we see, and will it be a cold weekend? Details in the video. PLUS** we will talk about the pattern going forward, and well the EURO fired some potential*** POTENTIAL*** warning shots for next week. Details on that in the video as well. Enjoy! Please continue to share this page and video. Please invite your friends *on the left of the screen there* to your Facebook friends...I appreciate it, thank you! -Chris

www.facebook.com/ChriswxmanSimmons

where is the video Chris?  By the way I really enjoy reading and watching your video's.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I know it is TWC, but I was looking at their 10 day for GSP this afternoon and per their forecast it is a return to December all next week with highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s and 40s. Hope it's wrong - double yuck! :angry:

Coincidentally I was just looking at TWC forecast for my area and they are showing a chance of freezing rain on Thursday and light snow on Friday (next week of course)...doubt it.

Coincidentally I was just looking at TWC forecast for my area and they are showing a chance of freezing rain on Thursday and light snow on Friday (next week of course)...doubt it.

You inspired me to check again to see if there are any changes- generally it does look cooler overall, but still mid 50s next weekend but no frozen precip anywhere. Baby steps I guess... Dr. Leo Marvin would be proud... :lmao:

The nam is VERY interesting around GA on Sunday.  We start below freeezing...DRY and then some very light precip through the day starting after 21Z, but it "warms" us to the upper 30's then back down quickly to like 35 or so with some light qpf...This damn thing is soooo close. 

The nam is VERY interesting around GA on Sunday.  We start below freeezing...DRY and then some very light precip through the day starting after 21Z, but it "warms" us to the upper 30's then back down quickly to like 35 or so with some light qpf...This damn thing is soooo close.

I was just thinking that but no real expert basis...or red tag..for my thoughts. That 1030 high is wedged tighter than a pickle jar down to upstate SC. There is a 1044 to the NW. I was wondering if one high can reinforce another one keeping the wedge in tact. Also wondering if the models are under estimating the low level cold.

Matter of fact, by 00z Mon, most of us are in the 30's to near 40.  The 35 line runs from BHM to CSG MCN and AGS ENE from there.  all light rain, but uuuggggg that is close.

The NAM says I'll enjoy .03 in fzdz  tomorrow and it will be 33.5 degrees with .20 of a cold light rain falling on Monday   :lol: 

Major ice storm for the CAD areas on the GFS. Probably roughly 0.25" ZR for many in NC/NW SC/N GA. Not really an ideal setup as the HP slides out to sesea as the storm moves in.

Yeah, signature looks strong, but high is off shore! Maybe an in-situ type? Either way, next Thursday would be very icy from ATL - RAH

Ya,the GFS would hit NGA, SC and NC hard (I consider a hard hit of 1/4" of ice or more) with this run.. Is it right, prolly not, but its a step toward the EURO..The DOC will be a little more interesting tonight, IMHO...If** the doc shows something like it did at 12z or something like the GFS oh boy...the board might melt..haha 

6z GFS shows a light icy event at hour 126. Here's low resolution p-types:

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?image=data%2Fgfs%2F06%2Fgfs_namer_126_dom_precip_type.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&storm=&cycle=06&param=dom_precip_type&fhr=126&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M&ps=model&use_mins=no&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150109+06+UTC&scrollx=0&scrolly=92

Edit: Looks like ice would be possible for N. NC starting just after hour 96, but amounts would be light.

Archived