Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2014-2015 Pattern Discussion Thread III

BIG FROSTY

Larry,

.Just like I hammered the GFS for being very inconsistent...so has the DOC.  Honestly this tells me 1 thing, and 1 thing only and it might not be the obvious...AKA don't trust anything they are flippin all over the place.  It tells me the EURO (DOC) is about to make a move.  Either that was a fluke run and this will eventually just string itself out and be very weak, ho hum...or its about to change course and look VERY interesting for mid next week for the SE.  just my 2c 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow I know you have to take the Euro Ensemble Weatherbell snowfall members chart with a grain of salt at this point in the game, but the 12z run had 48/50 members with some type of frozen accumulation around the 14th-15th.  Has 49/50 for Boone also and 45/50 for Franklin.  Very interesting.

Wow I know you have to take the Euro Ensemble Weatherbell snowfall members chart with a grain of salt at this point in the game, but the 12z run had 48/50 members with some type of frozen accumulation on the 14th.  Has 49/50 for Boone also and 45/50 for Franklin.  Very interesting.

49 members for GSO, too.  Mean of nearly 2" of "snow".  Most are light, of course.

41 for RDU (1.2") and 44 for CLT (1.3").

I'm still out until more guidance falls in line.  The Euro/EPS are on their own with this one so far.

^ I would expect to see more stream separatiion...GFS wants to fold it all together

Looks like the 18z Para might be about to drop the hammer.

EDIT: Well, it's a little less suppressed and a little warmer.  I thought it was looking better than it turned out.

I have read that the Para has a warm bias in the BL during events, but I'm not really sure if that's true or not.  Looks like light icing for C NC.

We really have to get these events inside day 4 to really be taken seriously this winter.  Just have to shrug your shoulders now when the Euro shows a winter storm after day 5.

If this misses the east coast, it's going to be a long time waiting for Feb as the next 10+ days after this would not be wintery pattern in the east.

Are you basing your opinions on the rest of January not being a wintery pattern on.....the models? Aren't these the same models that, for the most part, did not see this week's cold last week? Are they the same models that have been showing a SE ridge? I would be as reluctant to buy the idea that the rest of January is not going to be a good pattern as I would the idea that we are going to get a big winter storm next week. Either or both may happen, but I'm not buying either one without a whole lot more evidence than we have now.

Hot off the presses everyone!  We look ahead to the weekend and  How much rain will we see, and will it be a cold weekend? Details in the video. PLUS** we will talk about the pattern going forward, and well the EURO fired some potential*** POTENTIAL*** warning shots for next week. Details on that in the video as well. Enjoy! Please continue to share this page and video. Please invite your friends *on the left of the screen there* to your Facebook friends...I appreciate it, thank you! -Chris

www.facebook.com/ChriswxmanSimmons

Are you basing your opinions on the rest of January not being a wintery pattern on.....the models? Aren't these the same models that, for the most part, did not see this week's cold last week? Are they the same models that have been showing a SE ridge? I would be as reluctant to buy the idea that the rest of January is not going to be a good pattern as I would the idea that we are going to get a big winter storm next week. Either or both may happen, but I'm not buying either one without a whole lot more evidence than we have now.

Good luck with that.

I didn't see a -nao on the weeklies. They never lose the low heights over iceland and trough in europe. The -ao look is a little intriguing but it could just be an extension of the epo ridge. The thing I didn't like is the lowest heights in the conus are out west for weeks 3-4.

Agreed and agreed. It's like they are stuck on repeat.

I didn't see a -nao on the weeklies. They never lose the low heights over iceland and trough in europe. The -ao look is a little intriguing but it could just be an extension of the epo ridge. The thing I didn't like is the lowest heights in the conus are out west for weeks 3-4.

I haven't liked the weeklies since last year.

higher heights over all of Greenland and the Davis strait. Highest heights over western Greenland.

Archived