joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2015 obs/disco/short range

AlaskaETC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't feel that cold and uncomfortable for some reason and I don't know why....especially since I was just in 80 degree humid weather..

HRRR has 4 at DCA at 2a. I'll probably take the over. 

Can't deny the strength of the spring bound sun. Melting even with the cold temps. 

We live pretty far south--even in the heart of winter the sun is kinda strong. Though low water content helps. 

my 20 minute commute yesterday morning took me 40 minutes. not awful, but yeah i know what you mean.

I was telling H2O had I still been working in Baltimore City, I would have stayed home. A co-worker of mine had a meeting at SHA downtown, he left his gf's house in Shrewsbury at 7am, didn't arrive to SHA until 11am.

Yep! Relative left Shrewsbury for JHU at 6:20 am. Arrived downtown at 11:50. Soul crushing commuter hell on 83/ Jfx. That report dissuaded me from trying and I took off out of necessity.

We live pretty far south--even in the heart of winter the sun is kinda strong. Though low water content helps. 

I noticed last night when I shoveled, the snow on on the grass was melting where it meets the sidewalk indicating the ground was still warm

it wasn't well below freezing long enough for the ground to freeze, even the top layer

Haha.....I'm guessing their low will be a ludicrous outlier and Tennman will complain...

I would think strong CAA westerly winds would mitigate the UHI somewhat, but I'm sure DCA will be the warm spot.  

Actually did a small study a few years ago of whether wind could mitigate the UHI for DC.  Didn't find anything conclusive, unfortunately. 

Just got a snow shower come thru and dropped my temperature to 16 . It was brutal working outside in the wind. Usually don't mind it but today we left for home by 1230. It was actually warmer this morning at 530am ( 20) then now.

Local weather station at the high school is down to 13. 14 at my house.

Archived