Newest Member
    joxey
January 2015 obs/disco/short range

AlaskaETC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any snow up your way? radar showing some light returns coming out of PA

Few flurries but it looks like some more organized snow showers are bout to come through. Also later watch for that line that is in north central PA. Those are the ones that could gives us a coating late afternoon/early evening.

lol I just saw this

didn't you say you work in Hunt Valley or in that area?

might your employer be USAA, Travelers or one of the other carriers that have found a home in that area. 

Inner Harbor area.  Not into the civil end of the business and do not work for any corporation or firm.  Take my direction from the sovereign, and am more into conflict management by direct force, both actual and implied.  ;)  Just a Baltimore metro snow weenie that commutes a few feet across the Baltimore County line to stay away from the fray and enjoy "a little" more powder during the winter than immediate local fall line climo downtown would offer.  :sun:  

Enjoying the rare winter scene today of around 2 inches of snow on the roof tops in the city.  It is 26 degrees with a light flurry today. My kind of weather.  :snowing:

post-1187-0-40880100-1420651068_thumb.jp

Few flurries but it looks like some more organized snow showers are bout to come through. Also later watch for that line that is in north central PA. Those are the ones that could gives us a coating late afternoon/early evening.

probably just in time for my commute home ;)

Yeah, don't want to deal with that turning a 40 minute ride to 3 hours. 83 is bad on a good day, but downright gross in snow. Only positive is some drivers slow down to 80mph in heavier squalls, or at least they do in the right lane.

my 20 minute commute yesterday morning took me 40 minutes. not awful, but yeah i know what you mean. 

I was telling H2O had I still been working in Baltimore City, I would have stayed home. A co-worker of mine had a meeting at SHA downtown, he left his gf's house in Shrewsbury at 7am, didn't arrive to SHA until 11am. 

4 hours! that's crazy. 

we seem to be having a better chance with the flurries as the snow off the Lakes is pressing more SSE from PA vs. unfavorable ESE

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=CCX&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

time sensative

webcam from Penn State where that heavy banding is passign through now

http://php.scripts.psu.edu/dept/ur/cam.php

Archived