CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan 3-4 Storm Threat

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3" of snow plus .25" ice is fairly high impact in terms of secondary roads and snow removal.

That's what the rain and 50*'s are for.  :)

Tip was forecasting the rain to change back to snow tomorrow night..Any shot that actually happens?

Did he forecast this or did he present the scenario in which it could in a 6-paragraph tome?

Dang cold out there this morning. 12.0F attm

Nice--you always come through with the chilly temps.

17.1/14 here

I know Jerry disagrees..but there just haven't been many times over the last 20 years or so..inland where we've gone from accumulating snow and ice to temps in the 50's up into southern NH 8 hours later. I really can't think of any at all. But man..this happened in the 80's a bunch of times. I remember many of them

Its going to snow, My call has been 4-6" here and i will stay with that, Probably end up on the higher end depending on how soon we keep the mid levels from torching

I'd take the over on that.  I'm expecting I might get 3-4 here before taint and you'll do a whole lot better up there.

Returns on radar are coming in quick--early start perhaps.

20.8/12

I'd take the over on that.  I'm expecting I might get 3-4 here before taint and you'll do a whole lot better up there.

Returns on radar are coming in quick--early start perhaps.

20.8/12

Always starts early, And i could see 8", Have not had a chance to look at things from the overnight other then the clipper on the Euro looked good as i am heading out the door now to get stuff done before the snow, Enjoy it Mike, You should do good as well all snow is good snow no matter the amounts............ :)

Always starts early, And i could see 8", Have not had a chance to look at things from the overnight other then the clipper on the Euro looked good as i am heading out the door now to get stuff done before the snow, Enjoy it Mike, You should do good as well all snow is good snow no matter the amounts............ :)

True that.  As long as I don't have bare ground when all is said and done, I'll be happy.  Give me that and an inch or so from the clipper to help magnify the late week chill.  I can pretend it's a lot deeper.

Hopefully an earlier start doesn't just mean an earlier changeover--but I'm not sure why the two wouldn't be in lock-step.

I know Jerry disagrees..but there just haven't been many times over the last 20 years or so..inland where we've gone from accumulating snow and ice to temps in the 50's up into southern NH 8 hours later. I really can't think of any at all. But man..this happened in the 80's a bunch of times. I remember many of them

They aren't THAT common, but probably a bit more than you think.

I remember 1/28/94, 1/12/95, 1/25/97, 1/15/99 off the top of my head...I feel like maybe recently we haven't had as many, but we've probably just been lucky more than anything.

Its going to snow, My call has been 4-6" here and i will stay with that, Probably end up on the higher end depending on how soon we keep the mid levels from torching

GYX map has a much larger area in the 6-8" range, from SW of Conway to NE of AUG and up into the mtns.  Couple of 10-14" pixels in the Whites, and only 4-6" up by Jackman.  I'd take the over on that last one.

They aren't THAT common, but probably a bit more than you think.

I remember 1/28/94, 1/12/95, 1/25/97, 1/15/99 off the top of my head...I feel like maybe recently we haven't had as many, but we've probably just been lucky more than anything.

that's just scary.

The continuation of the meh winter goes on.

Maybe I pick up .5"-1" to see it all disappear overnight.

Congrats to those up north who are at least enjoying some decent winter weather with this one beyond a mutilated <1".

You need to update your avatar. :)

Overcast and cold with a start of snow. I'll take what I get and hope the clipper overdoes expectations.

Going to get a new car today....lease up next month so might as well. Hopefully transaction is done before the snow starts.

wife is delivering one of our foster dogs to a forever home in Somerville,told her to not lolligag and keep an eye to the sky.Sister is flying in to Boston 736 tonight to assist us with Mom in the hospital. Definitely a day for me to follow weather close

Overcast and cold with a start of snow. I'll take what I get and hope the clipper overdoes expectations.

Going to get a new car today....lease up next month so might as well. Hopefully transaction is done before the snow starts.

Enjoy--what're you getting?

Returns beginning to hit western, MA.  Still hoping for an early start.

22.8/11

Sounds like a lot of poopooing this storm, but I'm thinking the front end thump should bring me 4 hours of accumulating snow before the changeover. I'm going with 4" here in Lowell, but 8 at the cabin.

4 hours with 1"/hour in Lowell?

Good luck with that call.  Sounds ambitious, but thoughts and prayers are with you and hoping you get what you are searching for.

wife is delivering one of our foster dogs to a forever home in Somerville,told her to not lolligag and keep an eye to the sky.Sister is flying in to Boston 736 tonight to assist us with Mom in the hospital. Definitely a day for me to follow weather close

Hope all is ok with mom....must have missed a post....

Archived