Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Jan 3-4 Storm Threat

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z Nam is a little colder this run, Pretty good front end thump and a prolonged frozen look definitely up this way

Still has the good fronto band down in SNE too...but it's still a quick transition between 00z and 03z over the pike region while the precip is pretty heavy. 90 minutes could make the difference of a couple inches.

Still has the good fronto band down in SNE too...but it's still a quick transition between 00z and 03z over the pike region while the precip is pretty heavy. 90 minutes could make the difference of a couple inches.

Looked like it backed off a bit from 12Z to me. It's still much better than the GFS down your way though.

Yeah,  The longer you can prolong the warmth taking over some could see an additional inch or two out of this

Looked like it backed off a bit from 12Z to me. It's still much better than the GFS down your way though.

Yeah well the 12z run was kind of obnoxious with the qpf...it was close to a half inch over 3 hours in spots which isn't happening.

I wasn't necessarily looking at straight QPF anyway...more the omega and mid-level look.

Yeah well the 12z run was kind of obnoxious with the qpf...it was close to a half inch over 3 hours in spots which isn't happening.

I wasn't necessarily looking at straight QPF anyway...more the omega and mid-level look.

I thought it held the best omega back NW a bit more. Either way it didn't help me any...I want the lift coming through early like you while the profile is still snow. It looked great for Dryslot though. I'm leaning 3-5" here before a few hours of pelting.

I thought it held the best omega back NW a bit more. Either way it didn't help me any...I want the lift coming through early like you while the profile is still snow. It looked great for Dryslot though. I'm leaning 3-5" here before a few hours of pelting.

I thought the differences were fairly trivial down here, though the output qpf was a bit less. More in line with the RGEM and Euro.

The 750-800mb warm punch moves very quickly once it gets going...that's where the forecast is tough for everyone. It could end up pelting here by 0z or 01z rather than 02z-03z. Hopefully it holds off a bit longer than modeled.

I thought the differences were fairly trivial down here, though the output qpf was a bit less. More in line with the RGEM and Euro.

The 750-800mb warm punch moves very quickly once it gets going...that's where the forecast is tough for everyone. It could end up pelting here by 0z or 01z rather than 02z-03z. Hopefully it holds off a bit longer than modeled.

It appears that 95% of the posters have stayed away from this thread today--I think I know where they think this is headed.

The updated BOX p/c has lowered me from 3-5 to 2-4.

29.1/16

Where the heaviest snow sets might be critical because maybe where it snows hardest, we can keep the whole column cool longest?  Where is the best band of snow likely to be early on or will it be a broad area of precip?  Or is this where we start to look at meso models?

It appears that 95% of the posters have stayed away from this thread today--I think I know where they think this is headed.

The updated BOX p/c has lowered me from 3-5 to 2-4.

29.1/16

A lot of us aren't getting much so it's not a surprise. This will be the ORH-MPM on north thread soon enough..lol. Just like 98% of the people won't be in a thread where the Cape is getting hit.

I don't think anything has changed at all since last night personally.

I mean, if you view the nuance of BOX moving a 3-5 contour a few miles that puts you in a 2-4 or 1-3 instead, I don't see that as significant. It's the same as model noise.

I don't think anything has changed at all since last night personally.

I mean, if you view the nuance of BOX moving a 3-5 contour a few miles that puts you in a 2-4 or 1-3 instead, I don't see that as significant. It's the same as model noise.

I agree with this. It did not make sense to me when it was overly bearish, and was not shocked when it adjusted. Steady as she goes.

local mets on TV websites going for 60 for Hartford and New Haven...break out the shorts.

WTNH:Sunday:  Rain in the morning, then mostly cloudy, warm and windy.  High:  Hartford:  60.  New Haven:  60.  Temperatures begin to crash from west to east late day.

WVIT: 57 Sunday

WFSB: Sunday: Rain tapering off to showers during the afternoon, breezy and mild! Low: 32. High: 52 inland, 56 shore.

Archived