12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Model discussion thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fwiw GEFS looks decent for the clipper for most of New England.

Yup. Would like to see the individuals(Not out yet on ewall for some reason) to see if it's one crazy member skewing the mean or if it's legitimately good, but on the surface it looks nice. Looks like a lot of spread which is unsurprising considering the shifts we've seen recently.

Meanwhile, EURO is brutal: Warning snows for DC and freezing cold and dry for us. 

post-8652-0-48451900-1421562195_thumb.pn

Yup. Would like to see the individuals(Not out yet on ewall for some reason) to see if it's one crazy member skewing the mean or if it's legitimately good, but on the surface it looks nice. Looks like a lot of spread which is unsurprising considering the shifts we've seen recently.

Meanwhile, EURO is brutal: Warning snows for DC and freezing cold and dry for us. 

It's this. Looks like it's not extreme as one member going crazy but the majority of them are dry/nothing and just a couple members are strongly redeveloping it up the coast and throwing tons of moisture inland.

Yikes, thats actually not what I was expecting. Go figure, other models improve for the area and the Euro gets worse. Winter 14-15.

Not sure what to think at this point.

Would be lol worthy if DC has 2 events bigger than any most in SNE have seen.

This thing is fickle depending on two things, that vort thats immediately behind it over the Midwest and that small lobe of energy over SRN Canada...the GFS sees that lobe too but still turns the clipper up the coast, it appears to me what kills it on the Euro is not so much the lobe of energy over SRN Canada but the upstream disturbance over Minnesota disrupting the downstream chance to amplify. 

It's this. Looks like it's not extreme as one member going crazy but the majority of them are dry/nothing and just a couple members are strongly redeveloping it up the coast and throwing tons of moisture inland.

The spread is big at 84 hours...6 members are more amplified than the Op GFS, 2 are so amplified they almost look like they're going to produce a cutter...4 are less amplified, 2 are almost identical.  At 96 hours those previous 2 members I mention have big storms, both deep lows near CC...the 4 less amped members practically have no storm at all!

Euro Op stinks for SNE. If its right than another 7-10 days of deep winter could be wasted with a southern slider folliwed by a cutter. Disheartening if that verifies. Hopefully its wrong.

its been dead until last week of jan for a few days now. Clipper tracking at 100 plus hours out has fail written all over it. It is what it is. We've been in the pattern thread talking about how it doesn't look perfect but better past the 23rd on the ensembles.

I woulda thought we might have something more positive to track by now but there was red flags from the beginning. I'm not on the winter fail train yet. As we discussed earlier we are about one good solid storm from getting back to average seasonal totals to current date.

clipper could still be a nice little event south of pike but we'll see if it comes back. I don't think it will. Hope for the best.

The spread is big at 84 hours...6 members are more amplified than the Op GFS, 2 are so amplified they almost look like they're going to produce a cutter...4 are less amplified, 2 are almost identical. At 96 hours those previous 2 members I mention have big storms, both deep lows near CC...the 4 less amped members practically have no storm at all!

Verbatim : Clipper track isn't settled yet.

Well that's been the worry and fear all along..that it would go south of us and hit DC again with the 3-6 that we were supposed to get..We stated why that could happen. 

That said there's a fair chance it still gets advisory snows to the pike with lighter amounts north of that.. But people shouldn't be surprised things went south on the Euro  If this winter isn't an example of why you forecast with persistence ..I don't know what is

Well that's been the worry and fear all along..that it would go south of us and hit DC again withe 3-6 that we were supposed to get..We stated why that could happen. 

That said there's a fair chance it still gets advisory snows to the pike with lighter amounts north of that.. But people shouldn't be surprised things went south on the Euro

Ironically the s/w dug more....it wasn't exactly suppression that really caused it. We'll see what today brings. 

Well that's been the worry and fear all along..that it would go south of us and hit DC again with the 3-6 that we were supposed to get..We stated why that could happen.

That said there's a fair chance it still gets advisory snows to the pike with lighter amounts north of that.. But people shouldn't be surprised things went south on the Euro If this winter isn't an example of why you forecast with persistence ..I don't know what is

Tonight's system is so amped up it's blocking/forcing the next one south. Your persistence was that it wouldn't amp because everything has been weak.

Tonight's system is so amped up it's blocking/forcing the next one south. Your persistence was that it wouldn't amp because everything has been weak.

Yes. His reasoning is backwards. Last week I kept saying that we want the MLK storm less amped to allow the clipper more room to amplify. These more amped MLK solutions are hurting the clipper now by forcing it south. The MLK storm acts like a 50/50 low on steroids.

It will be a close call though. We probably won't know if the clipper misses or not until tonight's runs.

Yes. His reasoning is backwards. Last week I kept saying that we want the MLK storm less amped to allow the clipper more room to amplify. These more amped MLK solutions are hurting the clipper now by forcing it south. The MLK storm acts like a 50/50 low on steroids.

It will be a close call though. We probably won't know if the clipper misses or not until tonight's runs.

I was right about it being south but for the wrong reason. We know the clipper is a miss. There's no reason to hope or think it still has a chance

I was right about it being south but for the wrong reason. We know the clipper is a miss. There's no reason to hope or think it still has a chance

It also dug farther south and now is a formidable low, not a mess anyways. I mean it's just a clipper. It's not like you are missing a 12" storm.

It also dug farther south and now is a formidable low, not a mess anyways. I mean it's just a clipper. It's not like you are missing a 12" storm.

It was supposed to be a 2-4 or 3-6 decent storm. Everyone said it looks great, it's sharp etc. that's not meant to criticize anyone. It's just a bitter pill to swallow even though I should have followed my own advice and assumed it was going to crush south of us. . I just hope people aren't thinking it still has a chance. It doesn't.

Archived