• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model discussion thread

ORH_wxman

Yeah, we should all trust Kevin's razor sharp cutting insights into synoptic Meteorology -- considering how this run from two days ago was more amped than last night...

f120.gif

John, Kevin is right. Run to run, not run vs 4 runs back. The last 2 runs trended back. We'll know in a half hour which way this one goes.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What?!   No -- you folks are talking from minds that want it to snow.  Clearly.  

Your trying to sell that 2 run trend is better sample set than a 4 run trend?    

Think about that for minute ...

Not engaging in this conversation any further.   I never was talking about whether that system would impact the area or not, in the first place for f sake.  Jesus Christ. 

You guys are so sensitive in your snow obsession, if anyone dare mention a flatter solution you gotta pounce.

No. You cherry picked an amped run and then show done 4 runs later neglecting the trend to bring it closer after the nadir of flatness in between. You need to get laid but don't eat before you do...lol.

No. You cherry picked an amped run and then show done 4 runs later neglecting the trend to bring it closer after the nadir of flatness in between. You need to get laid but don't eat before you do...lol.

I don't do that... There was more than one run that was more amped.  The deeper time framed trend was to flatten that, and you know ... why the hell am I arguing with opstetrician about this subject matter?  

Jerry - it's not going to snow.   ;)

The default this winter.

The other thing... 1956 it snowed like 60 inches from 4 blockbuster storms in March after a paltry year.  

You'd know better than I -- I may not be perfect with those numbers, but the gist is that winter isn't over until May really -

The other thing... 1956 it snowed like 60 inches from 4 blockbuster storms in March after a paltry year.  

You'd know better than I -- I may not be perfect with those numbers, but the gist is that winter isn't over until May really -

I would submit that much more often than not, you can discount April as a winter month and feel safe in doing so.

Swing (n)

1. When a weather model shows an outcome inconsistent with its previous run and doesn't currently show snow.

2. When a weather model shows an outcome consistent with its previous run and doesn't currently show snow.

See also: Unreliable, garbage

Trend (n)

1. When a weather model shows an inconsistent outcome from its previous run and does currently show snow, especially when said model previously did not show snow.

2. When the NAM at 84 hours is farther north than all other guidance.

See also: Key upcoming run, SREFs

I would submit that much more often than not, you can discount April as a winter month and feel safe in doing so.

Heh, yeah, I hate April in general... There can be some ecstatically pleasant days, particularly when the wind is calm and it's firstly 60+ in near full sun.  But over the longer term, Aprils are usually too clouded by back door fronts, cut-off west Atlantic lows ..etc. and cold that only serves to retard the onset of spring. 

Heh, yeah, I hate April in general... There can be some ecstatically pleasant days, particularly when the wind is calm and it's firstly 60+ in near full sun.  But over the longer term, Aprils are usually too clouded by back door fronts, cut-off west Atlantic lows ..etc. and cold that only serves to retard the onset of spring. 

Serves to retard indeed.

Calm down bitches and start analyzing models.

Alright now the 72 -hour 12z Euro looks a bit further out with weak low pressure, but has a west-east oriented band of > 90% RH at 700mb. That's usually a precipitating column and given the trajectory of mid level wind proturbance there's likely to be a weak frontogenic signature there.  

Euro has a mega coastal bomb (961mb) offshore next sat and sunday.

You know what's funny ?  The Frankenmodel, "NAVGEM" clocks I-95 with a K.U. in that same time frame.  Actually someone posted the chart above...  

If so... hmm, would we have to give credit to THAT model    :facepalm:

Archived