amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Model discussion thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or he could be busy as well as annoyed by posters.

Lol I was watching football. Amazing how paranoid Kevin has become that he is reading meaning into a two hour absence of posting.

Some of y'all need to chill out or go to the banter thread.

Let's keep this on topic.

18z GFS is following the nam for the clipper. Not quite as amplified verbatim but a pretty big trend toward it.

Less confluence but it seemed like the shortwave was more progressive than 12z, no?

EDIT: The lead shortwave is in the same spot but the trailing one is a little farther east when comparing hr 66 and 72 but the confluence lessening was enough to allow it to amplify I suppose. I haven't seen past hr 66 yet on NCEP.

The trailing vort over Minnesota which was acting as a kicker on the 06 and 12Z runs is now absorbed into the main vort...largely because this thing keeps digging and is slower on each run...if its indeed true we lose that trailing vort this thing is gonna happen...also the lobe of energy over Canada has been gone on the last 2 runs.

When this dude forecasts assume the opposite

@nynjpaweather: I have no doubt that Arctic cold is coming, but looks cold and dry. Why?

He may not exactly be wrong on that idea....I don't think he's referring to the next 2-3 days but more beyond that and he could be correct given the potential NRN stream dominant pattern.

Archived