Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Model discussion thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad on the gfs. General 2-4 south of the pike, maybe 5 extreme south coast. Actually looked to me anyway like it was pretty close to something better than that.

Not bad though

That's pushing it. No one north of Central CT sees 2" that run, anyone north of the CT/MA border sees basically nothing(Light precip, less than an inch of flurries/shsn). I do agree that it was closer to something better though and definitely a nice improvement, but verbatim, a disappointing fringe for the region that's been shorted the most compared to climo

post-8652-0-19140500-1421555398_thumb.gi

That's pushing it. No one north of Central CT sees 2" that run, anyone north of the CT/MA border sees basically nothing(Light precip, less than an inch of flurries/shsn). I do agree that it was closer to something better though and definitely a nice improvement, but verbatim, a disappointing fringe for the region that's been shorted the most compared to climo

Yeah I should have defined it better, my bad. I just briefly looked.

Either way, definitely a nice run. Seems like this is the timeframe systems have gone to crap this year, it was refreshing to see a positive trend

there are plenty of places in between me and there that are

but once north of CT, precip dries up; you look good on this run

anyway, we are probably all wasting our time in this pos winter

something will end up going wrong....just terrible for many

that's coastal CT and I don't understand the angst. But if that is how you deal with it, thats cool.

Yeah I should have defined it better, my bad. I just briefly looked.

Either way, definitely a nice run. Seems like this is the timeframe systems have gone to crap this year, it was refreshing to see a positive trend

Absolutely.

you are good 2-4 in Taunton on that run

.15" QPF per the WxBell maps. If we could pull the whole thing 50 miles north or so, that would be a win for way more people in the forum(Would get the 2" line past BOS and the 4" line to about TAN).

there are plenty of places in between me and there that are

but once north of CT, precip dries up; you look good on this run

anyway, we are probably all wasting our time in this pos winter

something will end up going wrong....just terrible for many

What a wonderful attitude.

that's coastal CT and I don't understand the angst. But if that is how you deal with it, thats cool.

when I said up the coast, I was referring to I95

check NYC and TTN and you'll see their surface temps aren't great

as for the angst, no angst, but are you trying to say you haven't been chasing ghosts all winter like everyone from DCA to BOS?

that's my point

as for the angst, no angst, but are you trying to say you haven't been chasing ghosts all winter like everyone from DCA to BOS?

that's my point

NYC is all snow with a couple of inches

Absolutely.

.15" QPF per the WxBell maps. If we could pull the whole thing 50 miles north or so, that would be a win for way more people in the forum(Would get the 2" line past BOS and the 4" line to about TAN).

What a wonderful attitude.

at 2.8" for the winter, and nothing showing any concrete chance of producing on current modeling, there comes a point when reality of the winter sets in  

that's my point

NYC is below freezing and all snow, who cares about TTN this is the New England forum not PHL or Mid Atlantic. 

Hearing the GGEM is good also but haven't seen it yet so can't confirm that.

NYC is below freezing and all snow, who cares about TTN this is the New England forum not PHL or Mid Atlantic. 

Hearing the GGEM is good also but haven't seen it yet so can't confirm that.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=090ℑ=data%2Fgfs%2F00%2Fgfs_namer_090_10m_wnd_precip.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&param=10m_wnd_precip&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150118+00+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

Archived