joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model discussion thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NW trend hasn't exactly stopped yet on the Euro and its ensemble members although you would think with a more progressive pattern and the northern stream kicker this would be hard going extremely far west but perhaps a really good phase and a nuked out storm could almost go straight north directly over us. Any thoughts?

The NW trend hasn't exactly stopped yet on the Euro and its ensemble members although you would think with a more progressive pattern and the northern stream kicker this would be hard going extremely far west but perhaps a really good phase and a nuked out storm could almost go straight north directly over us. Any thoughts?

Yes, it could. Get that northern energy phased better and we could theoretically rain.

The GFS wasn't right either lol. Every single model sucks. You can't make any accurate forecasts anymore

every model has biases and perform better in certain set up than others. In these type of prgressive patterns it's really hard to trust anything within 3 days. Euro flipping back south on the Clipper when it's only a day and a half away is pretty ugly but the difference is trivial, we're talking about a coatng versus an inch or two.I still have a hard time believing we will go completely dry.

This is the  worst all around model performance we have ever seen. At least in my time that i can remember. Every single model has been atrocious either all the time or at various times. There just isn't any confidence that anyone can issue when putting out a forecast. Even 1-2 days out

And why it's harped upon endlessly to not take any solution a model show seriously until a max. 2-3 days out.

We should all know this by now that a fast progressive flow is not one the models are good at deciphering.

This storm aint going much further west than the Op runs currently have, the system in Canada is most likely to act as a kicker, not a phaser and the trof in the East is positioned too far East, its way more likely to go out to sea than to come more than 50-100 miles west of the current position, to come inland or west of that is probably like the Buffalo Sabres making the playoffs.  Even a benchmark track and the airmass is somewhat lousy, I did not look closely for SNE but NYC and LI would definitely be rain for 3-4 hours to start and then probably flip to snow.

It's been on my radar for a week. Boo-Hoo people miss out on a coating.

Yup. And the weekend, while still most likely a miss SE as of current guidance, just got a LOT more interesting over the past 24 hours.

Which is also why I am not investing in the follow up threat as of now...too much is still changing prior.

That was a pretty snowy op and ensemble euro run seemingly flying under the radar this morning because the coating 1/21 may be canceled...

Who cares..We've seen that all winter with nothing to show for it. We're likely looking at a miss OTS this weekend and a miss or glancing blow next week. No reason to think otherwise based on seasonal pattern and persistence.

Who cares..We've seen that all winter with nothing to show for it. We're likely looking at a miss OTS this weekend and a miss or glancing blow next week. No reason to think otherwise based on seasonal pattern and persistence.

I'm may actually agree with you on the outcomes over the next 10 days. Every time we've had a good ridge it has been assaulted by the PAC. Mjo into the cod probably won't help that, although someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Maybe a slight blip in the PNA, but nothing on the CPC site screams east coast snowstorm to me.

I'm may actually agree with you on the outcomes over the next 10 days. Every time we've had a good ridge it has been assaulted by the PAC. Mjo into the cod probably won't help that, although someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Maybe a slight blip in the PNA, but nothing on the CPC site screams east coast snowstorm to me.

Anyone that thinks the Euro is going to be right on the weekend or early next week is going to be disappointed again. With no blocking everything is shunted OTS. Euro couldn't even get the clipper right 48 hours out.

Archived