joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - December-January 2014-15

djr5001

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mods....can we start a new thread for 2015, or change the title of this one?  

As bad as winter started, maybe today's the start of better times.

Just a thought and I'd be glad to give it a go, if I'm deemed worthy...got a few good thread titles in mind.

Nut

I adjusted our title to include January. 

I'm in shock (lol)...the flake size increased notably about an hour ago and it is actually still snowing even though radar indicates that it shouldn't be.  I picked up another 0.5" for what will be a storm total of 2.3"!  Grass completely covered, so the storm is a success.  Temp up to 22.8 and rising very slowly.  Only if the sun comes out will we make it to 25.

Now, on to the sub-zero wind chills.  That wind is going to pick up all this light, fluffy powder, and create drifts. 

Edit:

Just melted down the snow and got 0.15" which is nearly precisely a 15:1 ratio.

I'm in shock (lol)...the flake size increased notably about an hour ago and it is actually still snowing even though radar indicates that it shouldn't be.  I picked up another 0.5" for what will be a storm total of 2.3"!  Grass completely covered, so the storm is a success.  Temp up to 22.8 and rising very slowly.  Only if the sun comes out will we make it to 25.

Now, on to the sub-zero wind chills.  That wind is going to pick up all this light, fluffy powder, and create drifts. 

Edit:

Just melted down the snow and got 0.15" which is nearly precisely a 15:1 ratio.

Those that commute close to and after sunset watch out for this.  With temps dropping during overnight hours to levels that the cheap rock salt is ineffective, drifts could turn to black ice in some areas.  Not sure what PennDot has been adding to what they have been spreading today to help or not.

Fantastic radiational cooling night in progress all over thanks to our new snow cover and mainly clear skies with calm winds.  York (THV) down to +2F.  I'm down to 10.5.  Even CXY was 12 degrees at the 10pm ob.  Could easily make it down another 2 to 5 degrees depending on how long winds stay calm overnight.

Dad reporting .7 in Willpo haven't measure in Danville but eyeballing about the same. Mag or other smart meteorological minds here, what are chances for some squalls to sneak into central part of state tmrw?

Are you living in Danville? My parents live in Danville. Was just there last week. The hills really screw around with the weather in that area.

Archived