• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 9-10 Coastal Storm Threat

Zelocita Weather

The bust potential either way is larger then the Thanksgiving storm IMO since it is not very clear where that LP is going to track and stall out for how long ???

I agree they're but the backlash snows at the end i would confine to areas just outside of NYC right now. I just cant see this storm taking a track closer to the GFS then the ECMWF. Not often does the ECMWF bust on a storm like this and even in the end still weighted notably higher than other comprable models

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bust potential either way is larger then the Thanksgiving storm IMO since it is not very clear where that LP is going to track and stall out for how long ???

It doesn't matter how much it slows down since there won't be enough moisture left for anything more than

some scattered snow showers on the backside as it goes vertically stacked. There doesn't seem to be

much other support yet for that Euro second low snow scenario. But the first low is going to be very warm.

It doesn't matter how much it slows down since there won't be enough moisture left for anything more than

some scattered snow showers on the backside as it goes vertically stacked. 

read what I said again "The bust potential either way is larger then the Thanksgiving storm IMO since it is not very clear where that LP is going to track and stall out for how long ??? This is a work in progress and those WPC maps will probably change over the next day or 2"

Do you actually think there will be no surprises with this storm - especially after the 11/26 bust????

read what I said again "The bust potential either way is larger then the Thanksgiving storm IMO since it is not very clear where that LP is going to track and stall out for how long ??? This is a work in progress and those WPC maps will probably change over the next day or 2"

Do you actually think there will be no surprises with this storm - especially after the 11/26 bust????

I will say with the HP placement if its gonna bust it will bust too warm and that would mean the LP not hugging the coast as much as shown currently via ECMWF. We will see but the setup is still fairly volatile and if this thing does shift 50-75 miles east (highly unlikely at this point going with the ECMWF skill score with these storms) they're will be some white surprises.

There always is . However the most crucial part of the snowfall center should still show up in places from NEPA into NNE along the spine of apps where they see 2 ft with 3 ft maxes in NNE .

Closer to home the bust potential is 2 inches of rain vs 3.5

Good luck on banking on wraparound snows. At this point i would just say rain with snow showers at the end as colder air gets worked into the system

This is a different system than other systems that we have dealt with. Wraparound snows are possible with this. It will depend on where the low occludes. All the models point to a rain event for the area with snow showers at the end.

This is a different system than other systems that we have dealt with. Wraparound snows are possible with this. It will depend on where the low occludes. All the models point to a rain event for the area with snow showers at the end.

Would love to be in the berkshires for this event. They'll be measuring snow in feet with this storm

I wouldn't rely on the models to try to figure this out. Best to nowcast this and see how it progresses on Tuesday night/Wednesday but in general always plan on very little in these setups

the ensm forecast for the nao/ao show little if any blocking...February 26th 2010 had an ao at -4 for a long time...the nao was in a long negative stretch...

I can think of six storms that had some snow on the back side of it this time of year...1968 was one of those years...It had some very cold air to work with...1957, 1959, 1992 and 1993...1993 was the second heaviest of the six...1964 had a storm that was cold rain that changed to rain and sleet for a long period and ended as a little snow...

Archived