joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9-10 Coastal Storm Threat

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM depiction at 42-45 makes little sense to me...the 700mb low is basically over NYC but the CCB is too far east...if that 700mb low is right then the snow is likely over AVP/ABE/PHL but not NYC...I'd be very woried bout PHL if this setup verified

As I stated earlier, it looks real close for NYC with the 700mb drying. Ideally, we want this to be about 25-30 miles East

nam_namer_042_700_rh_ht.gif

As I stated earlier, it looks real close for NYC with the 700mb drying. Ideally, we want this to be about 25-30 miles East

nam_namer_042_700_rh_ht.gif

as i quoted before in the obs thread..there is now a chance that this actually makes a run for the benchmark and occludes, basically stalling the ccb band right over the city for a while.if that happens my friends then it will snow.

Who's Yanksfan? It's been over a year since I changed my name.

It's not that I wasn't paying attention, I just didn't see it.

Ignore them, yes a few years ago u where a pain in the ass sometimes, but u have changed big time . U contribute a lot to these threads and yet still people have issues with u . I don't get it .

If the 700mb low tracks inland over NJ then this will end up being about 12 hours of intense rain and wind, followed by dry slot for the coastal sections of NJ and NYC with big snows for the Poconos and Upstate NY on Tuesday night into much of Wednesday.

If that 700mb low were to track about 30-40 miles further southeast, it would keep the 700mb dry layer more out towards Suffolk County and SNE while most of NJ, the LHV, and NYC received several inches of snow after the initial rain.

It's a really tough call right now.

If the 700mb low tracks inland over NJ then this will end up being about 12 hours of intense rain and wind, followed by dry slot for the coastal sections of NJ and NYC with big snows for the Poconos and Upstate NY on Tuesday night into much of Wednesday.

If that 700mb low were to track about 30-40 miles further southeast, it would keep the 700mb dry layer more out towards Suffolk County and SNE while most of NJ, the LHV, and NYC received several inches of snow after the initial rain.

It's a really tough call right now

thats why this storm will have a few surprises - we had one already in coastal southern NJ - with Mount Holly caught with their pants down and then when they did the update at 8:45 they mentioned only slight chance of snow and rain showers and it was already accumulating in spots

If we can somehow get the 700mb low to track over Long Island instead of NJ then the Western 2/3rds of the area would be in a favorable spot for snow on Tuesday night into Wednesday.

I think we are just a bit too far east, but this is the very setup I talked about when someone asked the other day where NYC can see snows behind a system...the negatively tiled 500mb trof with a not so noticeable or intense surface low off to the northeast...someone in EPA or WRN NJ may be surprised by snow in the 39-48 hour range....12/11/93 and 12/14/10 were the 2 other examples I mentioned...the setup is similar at 500mb to 93 but everything is shifted west 70-120 mile...less cold air is in place and the 500mb signature is not as strong....that snow band was also 30-50 miles wide which is probably what will happen here.  The GFS 700mb low and the 500 signature at 42-48 hours look fairly strong, the GFS is probably underdoing the amount of QPF that will be in ERN PA and WRN NJ...the NAM at the same time may be overdoing it.

f36.gif

121115.png

LMAO. You're funny leaving out the whole run.

UKMET has the CCB right over NYC. Here is hours 48-72:

39mI6zt.png

NYC receives a scraping.

What was wrong with my post? I specifically referenced a particular time table.

Most of it is focused over NNJ.

You think every one of my posts is centered around my backyard. Open your eyes and read for once in your life.

Archived