joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9-10 Coastal Storm Threat

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

COLD outside, 29/17 in EWR! That is a bust by the models of about 10-12 degrees over a couple days. This airmass and the one after occlusion could be more than cold enough to get some decent snows on the backend in here, if precip cooperates.

I'm curious to see what the LHV and far NWNJ BL s start at.

They are so close to where the NEPA CCB occurs . If there is a bust it maybe they get off to an icey start and a snowier end.

I still think winds are going to over produce tomorrow. Should be the strongest wide spread winds since Sandy. Gusts to 50 should be widespread even in the 60s at the coast. Sandy did some serious tree cleaning so I wouldn't expect much damage. I tell all my clients if you're trees survived sandy I wouldn't worry about them.

I still think winds are going to over produce tomorrow. Should be the strongest wide spread winds since Sandy. Gusts to 50 should be widespread even in the 60s at the coast. Sandy did some serious tree cleaning so I wouldn't expect much damage. I tell all my clients if you're trees survived sandy I wouldn't worry about them.

I am still impressed by how many trees blew down along the Meadowbrook Parkway between Merrick Road

and Sunrise Highway in that tight cluster. March 2010, Irene, and Sandy really culled out the weaker trees.

I am still impressed by how many trees blew down along the Meadowbrook Parkway between Merrick Road

and Sunrise Highway in that tight cluster. March 2010, Irene, and Sandy really culled out the weaker trees.

this has been the decade of power outages... the nov 2012 snowstorm also brought down lots of weaker trees that sandy didn't

You couldn't have asked for a better run than this unless you live on Long Island, and the Western half still does okay.

The surface low ends up occluding near the south shore of RI with a tremendous CCB stretching from Western Maine SW towards extreme eastern MD. Everyone from I-78N in NJ up through Western New England gets dumped on late Tuesday night. The eastern 2/3rds of Suffolk County get the dry slot.

I'm not worried about many tree losses here in Long Beach from this-whatever trees were dying from saltwater exposure the city cut down last summer. It's crazy to see in some cases entire streets with no trees left. Power lines might still come down though. 

You couldn't have asked for a better run than this unless you live on Long Island, and the Western half still does okay.

The surface low ends up occluding near the south shore of RI with a tremendous CCB stretching from Western Maine SW towards extreme eastern MD. Everyone from I-78N in NJ up through Western New England gets dumped on late Tuesday night. The eastern 2/3rds of Suffolk County get the dry slot.

WTF?! That is a downright sinister shafting! what a sheer waste of a storm. Oh boy what this storm might've been if we actually had some decent blocking and a better antecedent airmass :facepalm:

I suppose you'll be sending me pics of your backlash snow accumulations late tuesday night? :lol:

I'm not worried about many tree losses here in Long Beach from this-whatever trees were dying from saltwater exposure the city cut down last summer. It's crazy to see in some cases entire streets with no trees left. Power lines might still come down though. 

I was down there the other day and almost forgot what block I was on since it looks so different without the trees.

There were so many sycamores that were sick before Sandy that they needed to come down anyway.

One of those diseased sycamores lost a huge limb on my block in a weak storm and almost landed right

on my car. There was so much dead wood around that a 30 mph gust could snap off a huge branch.

Not to burst any bubbles, but while 850s cool, the BL is still warm and there don't appear to be any accums for anyone outside of NEPA and a small area of exteme NWNJ.

The key is getting the stronger dynamics to cool the column. If that happens, the surface will cool. Maybe not enough on the immediate coastal plain but sufficently NW.

Archived