• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

MPM hasn't decided to move to Cali due to not jackpotting.

The Debbies outnumber the Weenies this year. Plus SnowmanCory likes to USE ALL CAPs

MPM has Cory beaten hands-down for relentless debbying...just post after post.

Cory is more impressive on a rate basis. He'll do one spectacular one and then not much for a while.

I am most Certainly a Cap man because I'm Italian.  You should see my texts!  In a world Completely obsessed with text communication like we do here, it's Impossible to get the sound and inflection that I want across.  So I resort to Caps to help.  

I didn't know I was such a Weenie until Ginxy put one of my meltdown's last year (the classic Benchmark storm that keeps going West, West, West with each run situation) in his signature.  I was and Still am Insanely honored.  Am I not supposed to be honored and happy that I'm in the running for Weenie of the Year?  My problem is unless Paul tells me on the phone to not expect something, my hopes are always high.  The worst thing that could have happened was 1000 posts from 1000 different sites and sources that this Winter was going to to be a Top 5er.  And then for this December to be on track for the worst of my snow life.  And looking like no snow until past Christmas AND Rain at that.  More freaking Rain.  More freaking just above 32* F Temps.  

And yes Will - When I explode, I go.  Like this morning when I didn't know it was going to snow Anywhere and Freaking Tolland has an Inch of snow.  Beautiful snow.  I have more rain.  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd use all CAPS too if I lived anywhere near Snow-less RI. Maybe this is the year,,nah doubt that.

Says the guy moving to FL.

I would never move to Florida

2 houses. Vacation rental down there when I strike it rich and a mountaintop regular house. You can lie on the picnic tables and split a 30 pack with freak and me

Bermuda Triangle captures another

Tolland Alert ‏@TollandAlert  2h

ACCIDENT ALERT: #TollandFire is responding mutual aid w/ a tanker to #I84 in at Exit 67. #EllingtonFire is also responding. #Detour

Boy, winter weather discussions can't get any more riveting than this.  Let's talk about a car accident instead.

Christmas may hit 60+...glad I punted on December...what a catastrophe.

Last Evening Harvey Leonard punted the rest of December.

NOAA is the early leader in the clubhouse for the "2014 - 2015 Winter Forecast Invitational"....holding on and praying to make the cut are JB, DT, Boston's WBZ Weather Team, Accuweather, and a host of others. Last evening all were seen commiserating over a round of El Nino's at the Vodka Cold Lounge while awaiting the latest run of the Lichtenstein model.  

If you're looking to see snow this weekend, head to BOS since I'm heading back to CT later today and they're modeled to get snow, so lock up an overperformer there for sure. Hasn't failed yet this winter that the location I'm not in does better and don't expect it to change...

(Notice what thread this is posted in before you get all annoyed ;) )

Last Evening Harvey Leonard punted the rest of December.

NOAA is the early leader in the clubhouse for the "2014 - 2015 Winter Forecast Invitational"....holding on and praying to make the cut are JB, DT, Boston's WBZ Weather Team, Accuweather, and a host of others. Last evening all were seen commiserating over a round of El Nino's at the Vodka Cold Lounge while awaiting the latest run of the Lichtenstein model.  

Oh I love this post!  Lichtenstein.  How'd you even know how to Spell that?  (I can't spell Anything so....)  The Lichtenstein Polka is actually a great one FYI even though I stay away from that genre.  

Weatherbell can be steaming hot  garbage sometimes. Generally reliable but why is 18z NAM-WRF still not available? GFS upgrade para is still stuck at 12z too. I don't pay extra for models to not be available. It would be one thing if I wasn't in college and had an actual job. Tweeted at him once to tell him a portion of the site wasn't working this past winter, he basically gave me attitude. I would have stuck with raleighwx, but that always goes down during the bigger events... AKA the time you want it the most.

I can't comprehend how you guys post so much during work hours. Some of you just seem like you are trust fund babies sitting in your rocking chair with a cigar in hand and your laptop pressed against your chest, clenching your cheeks while the newest GFS run unfolds.

I am often in a command center with multiple PC'S monitors on. Weather is a huge part of my daily operations, have to think 5-7 days ahead at all times as well as an hour ahead. I will have 3 monitors on wx models, one on here, one on my phone, others on fire and security systems, 32 surveillance monitors plus my phone. I use energy loading and planning a lot, also we have lots of events involving hundreds of people and tens of thousands of dollars that are weather dependant. My weather knowledge has saved literally hundreds of thousands of dollars over the past twenty years in utility costs,prep work for events, not to mention the good customer relations when events are either moved inside or not. Nothing worse than a piss ed off bride. My employer knows it. I also am involved in Emergency Management, part of the Cadre. Best to stay fully informed all the time.

I get it Steve, it's certainly important to you as well as some others like Scott, Will, etc. I just can't keep up with the posting during the day and it sucks when I have to read 3 pages before I'm caught up again.

oh I miss a ton too but Evelyn Wood speed reading class way back in college helps I am a fast scrolling machine. Smart phones and Wi-Fi are my best friend. My wife calls my iPad my girlfriend. I do have a definite disease in winter, caught it as a kid, no cure its terminal too

oh I miss a ton too but Evelyn Wood speed reading class way back in college helps I am a fast scrolling machine. Smart phones and Wi-Fi are my best friend. My wife calls my iPad my girlfriend. I do have a definite disease in winter, caught it as a kid, no cure its terminal too

Yea I have the disease too. Was infected in 86 or 87, there was a big storm then when I was a kid in NJ ...and I've been ill since.

Yea I have the disease too. Was infected in 86 or 87, there was a big storm then when I was a kid in NJ ...and I've been ill since.

The infection often starts when you are young. I had the bug early too. One of my earliest winter weather memories was 1976(?) seeing ice boats on the Charles River Basin but I was 9 years old living in Cambridge for Jan/Feb 1978 and that was when the weather weenie illness really took hold.

Feverish and my hands felt just like two balloons.

Archived