CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had nothing only .01 in the bucket, I was very surprised at Kevins pics, such a weenie spot. Congrats to him

I moved my response here. He is in a super weenie spot, but that wasn't what happened this time. Maybe he picked up an extra 0.25" or something but I bet even lower areas in town did well. Returns were good in southern Middlesex county too.

I moved my response here. He is in a super weenie spot, but that wasn't what happened this time. Maybe he picked up an extra 0.25" or something but I bet even lower areas in town did well. Returns were good in southern Middlesex county too.

Lower spots only had a dusting . I picked the best weenie spot I could in town.. Believe me.. When we were looking at houses,, I knew exactly what this spot was like. It's certainly nothing like NW CT, but in marginal events it generally does ok. There was a method to my madness

AB28EF5A-7E31-4FD5-98E9-689D370BF06F_zps

Lower spots only had a dusting . I picked the best weenie spot I could in town.. Believe me.. When we were looking at houses,, I knew exactly what this spot was like. It's certainly nothing like NW CT, but in marginal events it generally does ok. There was a method to my madness

AB28EF5A-7E31-4FD5-98E9-689D370BF06F_zps

Did you have anything left otg prior?

1.8" overnight. I went to bed disappointed as the Froude number was too low for me to get much more than flurries here, but it must have risen overnight enough so that I could cash in on the upslope band for a few hours. Some general synoptic forcing from the intensifying storm to our NE probably helped too.

On a side note, we're now past the 240 hour point with no sunshine. The last sun we had was in the morning of the 8th. Simply incredible for it to be overcast for so long.

1.8" overnight. I went to bed disappointed as the Froude number was too low for me to get much more than flurries here, but it must have risen overnight enough so that I could cash in on the upslope band for a few hours. Some general synoptic forcing from the intensifying storm to our NE probably helped too.

On a side note, we're now past the 240 hour point with no sunshine. The last sun we had was in the morning of the 8th. Simply incredible for it to be overcast for so long.

That's depressing.

Lol at ryan saying kevin inflates hit snow totals on air

I just got a couple texts about that lol. I'm sure he didn't show the one with the ruler. I mean the dude has had a dusting of snow all season to date, and is a bit jealous I guess

Here's a copy of one of those texts lol..Priceless:

He was kind of laughing when he said it too. Yup, he's jealous that you have better forecasts than he does!

Lol at ryan saying kevin inflates hit snow totals on air

I just got a couple texts about that lol. I'm sure he didn't show the one with the ruler. I mean the dude has had a dusting of snow all season to date, and is a bit jealous I guess

Here's a copy of one of those texts lol..Priceless:

He was kind of laughing when he said it too. Yup, he's jealous that you have better forecasts than he does!

lol I'm glad people heard that one. 

I actually don't even know what I've had season to date it's so pathetic. 

Archived