joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro ensemble mean looks more suppressed then the op, with fairly cold 850s.

Edit: the tropical tidbits EPS product is the mean, right?

Yes. 

Euro is quite a bit slower with the storm as well it seems.  GFS can't figure out which piece of energy to key on and just has several days of cold drizzle. 

So which model do you think has it right? I mean we are not that far out from showtime

We're still 6 days away according to the Euro! I would generally favor a weaker solution given the fast flow.  That said, we want the northern stream vort that passes by a couple days before to be stronger so it can pull the cold front through. 

So which model do you think has it right? I mean we are not that far out from showtime

We're too far out. Flow zips along with multiple shortwaves and an unresolved gradient/boundary in the east. Each potential threat is 3-4 day lead max and even then the nuances will cause havoc. The first event looks like

multiple waves. My wag is we get rain first no matter what but anything on the heels stands a chance.

Euro ensembles are becoming quite supportive of a decent event in the mix over the next 2 weeks. Possibly even more than one. Time to enjoy the holiday and pass time. It's going to madness for a while coming up.

We're still 6 days away according to the Euro! I would generally favor a weaker solution given the fast flow.  That said, we want the northern stream vort that passes by a couple days before to be stronger so it can pull the cold front through.

I know. Just getting anxious. I accidentally saw the 5 day forecast on tv and it made me angry...not because I believed it but because it had the word "mild". Hate that word

I know. Just getting anxious. I accidentally saw the 5 day forecast on tv and it made me angry...not because I believed it but because it had the word "mild". Hate that word

Looking more likely that the cold air struggles to get in. I guess all the energy hanging back in the west is helping to keep heights high in the east.

Archived