joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are not going to know anything until we know how strong that vort really is. The Euro run is disappointing after all of the other guidance today though.

Didn't Atari do better with the 19-21st threat that never happened? The GEFS members are the way to go right now just my 2 cents

Didn't Atari do better with the 19-21st threat that never happened? The GEFS members are the way to go right now just my 2 cents

It did.  I went back to my files and the regualr GFS pretty consistently showed a strung out mess (after it moved from the cutter).  It probably "caught on" about 3-4 runs before the para.  However, the para never really did look Euro-like, so I wouldn't say it failed quite to the same degree.

The Euro and the GFS are very different as soon as 72 hours at h5. It won't be long before we know which is more likely correct. BTW, it holds the 500 trough much further west than does the gfs. Both are about the same with heights and depth of the trough but nowhere close on position

Canadian more in line with Euro and NAM in line with gfs on the same feature.

The Euro and the GFS are very different as soon as 72 hours at h5. It won't be long before we know which is more likely correct. BTW, it holds the 500 trough much further west than does the gfs. Both are about the same with heights and depth of the trough but nowhere close on position

maybe its doing its usual holding back to much energy in the SW thing

i really truly get more excited seeing snow on a map(the blues/reds,etc) than on the grass. A good model run is stunning to look at:)

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing it and setting a hot date only to be stood up. Give me a legit thread inside of 3 days and the only disco is about how much for everyone's yard. That's the only real fun in this game to me.

Bummer. It does follow the Op though, dropping the PV into Hudson Bay, conus wide trough day 8.

I was never really enthused with the first wave. Things typically don't work out like that. We need the cold first more often than not. Cold chasing precip rarely works out in these parts. We're more of a snow to rain area if anything. I assume similar down your way.

Still plenty of time though. If things trend with better cold air pushing in and/or a more e-w oriented boundary with cold over top maybe but for now I'll keep expectations low and hope for a surprise.

It supported the storm last weekend too....until it didn't. I'm playing that card as long as I can.

Good point. And putting aside DT's rather bizzare analogy attempting to illustrate why the GFS was wrong, it had a suppressed and weak low and trended to nothingness, and the Euro went from wound up inland for many runs, to suppressed and weak, to nothing. And we had a dry and cold weekend.

they also showed strong support for the snowstorm we never got this past weekend

I was only quoting verbatim. I've lost a good bit of confidence in the euro lately. It can't handle fast progressive flow. The second it hangs something back that doesn't happen the run is down the tubes. I'm wondering if the ensembles are similar in some ways.

GEFS has been all over this upcoming pattern change. The euro ens have just about dropped the -pna/trough over 4 corners. GEFS never had it. Tough time for models and snow weenies. We're going to score something in the next 2 weeks. Looks pretty ripe to me.

Archived