joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday/Night Storm Obs

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you people screaming about the end of this storm - I got 0.25" extra. Still under 2 for the day.

This has been one of the All-Time most annoying storms. I could slap every one of you for excitement. I'm honestly passed and not joking. Worst storm I can remember.

Have to agree

Happy Thanksgiving all

While this is relatively fresh...

Can people quickly summarize which models verified best Wednesday?

I was heavily leaning on RGEM/EC combo and the 0z RGEM Tues night was the nail in the coffin for me for eastern SNE. Warmer NAM/GFS runs Tues afternoon also not so bad with best snows western MA into NH. SREFs were a joke.

Other impressions?

No power here. Plus, generators not working......nit sure why uts not doing its stuff. 96% of shelburnes out. Estimated restoration is 11:15.

Got a foit of snow, though.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No power sucks. We were out from 2pm - 6pm. Tons of outages around here, surprised we didn't go out again considering tree carnage. Lack of wind saved us. 7-8" here. Gorgeous morning, heading out to take pictures.

27/26. Wish we had those temps during the storm, there would be 16" here. Lol

Finished with 13", high end of 10-14 forecast from GYX, settled to 12" at the stake at 7 AM.  Measured 7.5" with 0.77" LE at 9 last evening, another 5.5" with 0.53" LE afterward, for a suspiciously precise 10:1 ratio.  Yard looks much like dendrite's but I think our snow was a bit less sticky.  Power was off and on several times overnight, but no blinks (yet) this morning.

Highest I've seen for Maine cocorahs is 14" in Mt. Vernon, about 10 miles south of my place.  NH obs included an 18.4" in Carroll Cty;  would not be surprised to see nearby Bridgton/IZG with tall totals as well. 

Archived