Newest Member
    amirah5
Wednesday/Night Storm Obs

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9" at 11:15pm in Stowe.

J.Spin to my south in Waterbury was at 10.2".

Hey, at least the ski resorts will get off to a prosperous start.

Event wasn't that bad down here.

4.5" of snow/sleet is not bad for Novie....plus its only the second major sleet event that I've ever seen, so not bad all in all.

glad you guys did well.

I have to hand it to Jay with this crap movin thru. This isn't drying up as it moves thru here like I assumed. It has that look like there's a ton of low level moisture hangin around and these light returns are slightly filling in .

Stowe is a magical place

The inverted trough is helping us not dry out like usual ont he back side of a storm...still even mid-levle moisture hanging back. The additional upper shortwave moving in the from the west taps into this moisture already left behind and sfc inverted trough and is what gives the chance for weenie snows over the next 30 hours..esp tomorrow night.

Weenies in EFK throwing violent tantrums that the storm didn't track over ACK instead of near the BM. :guitar:

Did it actually track near the BM?  I wasn't paying attention to that.  I thought the HRRR and RAP earlier today kept bringing it near ACK so I assumed it went closer to the island than BM.

But yeah, being just outside that band would've been painful, lol.

But its all about that H7 track, H7 track...all about that H7 track.  That thing goes over SNE and closes off, we've got a good chance in NNE.

Nzuckers old stomping grounds at Middlebury, VT got 12" today.

I was just going to say that Middlebury was getting hammered on radar tonight. They've had a lot of big snowfalls in the last few years...

Overperformer for the North Country, underperformer down here with only 2.5". It seems like Scott was right in that the warm conveyor belt went east and the deformation went north. Albany also did well tonight.

Did it actually track near the BM?  I wasn't paying attention to that.  I thought the HRRR and RAP earlier today kept bringing it near ACK so I assumed it went closer to the island than BM.

But yeah, being just outside that band would've been painful, lol.

But its all about that H7 track, H7 track...all about that H7 track.  That thing goes over SNE and closes off, we've got a good chance in NNE.

Yeah it def went closer to the BM than ACK:

Nov26_10pmsfc.png

But yeah, its about the MLs...and even if H7 didn't close off, you'd have done pretty well..the H5 trough and vortmax ripped right up through SNE/CNE...created a nice deformation area right in the dead spot to the NW of it with all that divergence.

This storm didn't even have a classic mature H7 low...it was more elongated, though it ended up a little more robust than first progged. But still far from your typical big circulation.

At any rate, I've ribbed you enough about the sfc low track over the past month. :lol:

Archived