12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Wednesday/Night Storm Obs

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.5" past 90 minutes.   No complaints here from this one.  Better ratios would have made it epic but still an a$$ kicking for Nov. 

Conservative 6.5" here and that's what I sent NWS BOX   but closer to 8" total  on my measuring and clearing the table every 3 hours or so.   Big storm as far as I'm concerned. 

31/29  - SN

Jay is always down for a drive, that's what is awesome

I was just happy to see that lawns were still covered in Melrose and side walks as well, was sort of impressed we held the cold for duration here and had n winds throughout w no Quebec high in place and CF that ticked  east for good 

light flurries and mist out there now dancing down

that band in ALBANY IS INSANE ...and the one cutting throughout West central maine thru NH is SICK ....nice cherry on top of this one

Another weenie band moving through...vis dropping. Still not great snow growth, but still slowly chipping away at the "Forecast Deficit"

Nobody W of Ct River should have a problem with what was forecast.  May be low end of forecast totals but still a pretty good storm considering the marginal air mass it was moving into. 

Nobody W of Ct River should have a problem with what was forecast.  May be low end of forecast totals but still a pretty good storm considering the marginal air mass it was moving into. 

Yeah forecast was fine out there...but we were definitely running under expectations all day here. But it's been clawing back all evening...in the end, can't complain too much considering it's November.

Jay is always down for a drive, that's what is awesome

I was just happy to see that lawns were still covered in Melrose and side walks as well, was sort of impressed we held the cold for duration here and had n winds throughout w no Quebec high in place and CF that ticked east for good

light flurries and mist out there now dancing down

that band in ALBANY IS INSANE ...and the one cutting throughout West central maine thru NH is SICK ....nice cherry on top of this one

like my location. Usually does well and easy access to snowier spots. Plus, i like a good drive anyway. My brain coulda been rotting away watching tv. This is way more fun.

Looks like BOS got measurable?

I would think so...there was about a quarter to half inch of sleet crude when I left the seaport late this afternoon...which of course is right next to Logan. They should add at least a few tenths tonight I would think. It was funny though...there was much more on the west side of the city. It looked like an inch or so.

I would think so...there was about a quarter to half inch of sleet crude when I left the seaport late this afternoon...which of course is right next to Logan. They should add at least a few tenths tonight I would think. It was funny though...there was much more on the west side of the city. It looked like an inch or so.

at 145 I was surprised how fast the roads went from wet and rain to slushy w snow between exit 17 and 16 on the pike right as you hit the E Newton line

Yeah forecast was fine out there...but we were definitely running under expectations all day here. But it's been clawing back all evening...in the end, can't complain too much considering it's November

Lot of liquid equivalent in the snow here today.  We thumped as modeled but temps were hovering at freezing so total accumulations are not "epic".  Paste bomb none the less and pretty high impact for travel out here especially considering the date.

Good start to winter!

A spotter reports 1.6 somewhere in Boston so it got my attentoon....lol.

Yeah forecast was fine out there...but we were definitely running under expectations all day here. But it's been clawing back all evening...in the end, can't complain too much considering it's November.

You in Princeton?  I almost want to take a drive up Mountain Road and see what its like, it can be raining here and snowing up there near the Wawa visitor center, but I'm sure you've experienced this knowing the local geography well.

Just some light snow here at the moment, hopefully I'll get into that band your experiencing currently.

You in Princeton?  I almost want to take a drive up Mountain Road and see what its like, it can be raining here and snowing up there near the Wawa visitor center, but I'm sure you've experienced this knowing the local geography well.

Just some light snow here at the moment, hopefully I'll get into that band your experiencing currently.

No, northern ORH near the Holden line.

Yeah, that road is probably one the best weenie drives in the area. I've done many of them over the years...cut right up Rt 31 from Holden and straight through Princeton center to mountain rd.

Anyone see the Peru, Mass PNS total....

nice 13.5 or so.

Anyone find higher?

I think Box made a boo boo, listed under snowfall totals, oops

...BARNSTABLE COUNTY...

EASTHAM 2.3 1031 PM 11/26 HAM RADIO

BREWSTER 2.0 1037 PM 11/26 HAM RADIO

CHATHAM 1.7 1034 PM 11/26 HAM RADIO

HYANNIS 1.7 1035 PM 11/26 HAM RADIO

BOURNE 1.6 1032 PM 11/26 HAM RADIO

WEST CHATHAM 1.6 1033 PM 11/26 HAM RADIO

Archived