• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Wednesday/Night Storm Obs

moneypitmike

Did it actually track near the BM?  I wasn't paying attention to that.  I thought the HRRR and RAP earlier today kept bringing it near ACK so I assumed it went closer to the island than BM.

But yeah, being just outside that band would've been painful, lol.

But its all about that H7 track, H7 track...all about that H7 track.  That thing goes over SNE and closes off, we've got a good chance in NNE.

That's a great dump for you guys up in ski country --- even though we underperformed here.  Just enough snow in the lowlands for the public to think about setting up ski trips.

31.9F

-SN/FZDR

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just measured 9.75" on the back deck.  Definitely more than what is on the ground, which ranged between 6-9".  Not much tree damage on my way home from work.  There were a few small trees and branches down along Rt. 12 from Westminster through Ashburnham blocking the shoulder.  The pines look at their limit though, branches hanging straight down completely caked in snow.  

Yeah it def went closer to the BM than ACK:

Nov26_10pmsfc.png

But yeah, its about the MLs...and even if H7 didn't close off, you'd have done pretty well..the H5 trough and vortmax ripped right up through SNE/CNE...created a nice deformation area right in the dead spot to the NW of it with all that divergence.

This storm didn't even have a classic mature H7 low...it was more elongated, though it ended up a little more robust than first progged. But still far from your typical big circulation.

At any rate, I've ribbed you enough about the sfc low track over the past month. :lol:

Haha, interesting stuff though.  I honestly would never have forecast these amounts in this general area.  I don't think anyone would've felt comfortable going 7-15" through like central/north VT.  There were plenty of model runs and various ensemble members of all the models, that had literally no precipitation or less than 0.25" QPF here even like 24 before start time.  The primary issue was figuring out if the deformation would reach as far up here, or would it be southern VT swinging up through CNH/NNH and ME.  But it seemed to be further NW than expected, even into the southern Adirondacks and down to BGM area. 

Even the BTV NWS office had 7.6" at midnight and still snowing for a solid warning event for Burlington proper.

But you can tell it was all lift well in the atmosphere is that topography really didn't have an impact.  Banding did, as even some of the highest totals are coming from the Champlain Valley between BTV and RUT. 

radar is sharpening up in Western Worcester Country looks like Wa Wa is gonna score a couple more inches of fluff

Will,  how about another shot of that weenie radar . You look to go over 6" if that makes it to Northern part of city

Yeah I am already over 5 inches...so I think 6" is doable if this stuff maintains its strength.

Nov27_1230am_Radar.gif

where is J and his HRRR , that Albany banding has swung into western1/3 of mass and is strengthening the whole deal down to REV and  into ORH country and  it's worth watching

It seems to be changing a little.. I think gradual weakening now. However, bands move through much of the area. We are losing lift, best dynamics, etc.

Archived