Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday/Night Storm Obs

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody want to cut NAM by 1/3? ,nailed it

It was the 18z-22z or so time where it just shredded for those in nrn CT and ORH. You had like .6 to .9" or so in many spots. The NAM omega thump certainly would help to slow the warmth down a tad by 10-15 miles or so. But I do agree...real crappy azz snow growth made for high water content snow in those areas. Eh good to look back on and take notes. Luckily the amounts yesterday morning dropped down a bit.

It was the 18z-22z or so time where it just shredded for those in nrn CT and ORH. You had like .6 to .9" or so in many spots. The NAM omega thump certainly would help to slow the warmth down a tad by 10-15 miles or so. But I do agree...real crappy azz snow growth made for high water content snow in those areas. Eh good to look back on and take notes. Luckily the amounts yesterday morning dropped down a bit.

We "salvaged" the low end here. Just over 6 inches with the weenie mid-level stuff last night.

4-6 for Kevin and 6-10 for ORH...AWT. (even if just barely for each, lol)

Current depth has settled to a bit under 6 inches:

ORH_Nov26_3.jpg

You can see how the snow on top is much fluffier looking vs that sleety/rimed look from yesterday...real dendrites with lower water content to finish the event late last night when those final nice bands rotated through.

We "salvaged" the low end here. Just over 6 inches with the weenie mid-level stuff last night.

4-6 for Kevin and 6-10 for ORH...AWT. (even if just barely for each, lol)

Current depth has settled to a bit under 6 inches:

ORH_Nov26_3.jpg

You can see how the snow on top is much fluffier looking vs that sleety/rimed look from yesterday...real dendrites with lower water content to finish the event late last night when those final nice bands rotated through.

My car was coated with fluff flakes as well. I noticed that..real nice flakes. Just 5.8" less.  :lol:

Hey guys, Happy Thanksgiving!

I posted early this morning and got lost in the photos:

Any thoughts on which models verified best on this system?

I was heavily leaning on RGEM/EC combo and the 0z RGEM Tues night was the nail in the coffin for me for eastern SNE. Warmer NAM/GFS runs Tues afternoon also not so bad after all with extent of sleet, rain, and best snows western MA into NH. SREFs were a joke.

Other impressions? 

BTV's map of snowfall totals... impressive gradient that luckily our VT contingent on this forum were on the good side of.

Look at BTV area... 7-8" but Milton just to the north only 3.2".  There's like a 20-30 mile gradient from 3" to 10-13".

Last year we had a bit of bad luck in a few events, but this one we came out on the right side of it, also probably some luck there as even 20 miles further SE would've made a big difference here.

1965060_764901093581794_6482757854200712

MPM sorry man, what the hell is up w/ your generator that's the real messed up thing. Hopefully you see the inverted trough from hell and score another dumping over there. It's probably as prime a spot as any for this inverted trough , some models are spitting out silly amounts (meso's) some flurries

As it turned out, generator was working. had forgotten which circuits were hooked. Should have checked a bit more. Oven nit one of them though ftl. Shelburne still has 52% of us in the dark, and they d RR opped the eta fir repair on the message. Walking the dig at 5;00am was kind if nest seeing flashed from transformers ecplofing. Nice green lights.

1.8" in the books for Marlborough and a lot of that was sleet.

Left Meriden at midnight and as I headed east, hit a weenie band. The accumulation in central Connecticut was very heavily elevation dependent. Drove through some hills and eyeballed 3-4 inches with some sagging bushes/trees, but other spots just a few miles away had maybe an inch. Very high water content and this area was socked between 33-35 during most of the snow and sleet. 

I just blasted ALB on their Facebook page. I'm appalled, extremely unprofessional and deceitful. They had a PNS report last night at 1230 AM with totals from the southern part of Litchfield County with totals that were only around 3 or 4". I submitted my storm report at 1 am and in the next PNS report just eliminated CT all together before they finally settled on this latest report I attached below where they excluded totals that show their forecast busted. How about having some accountability? My goodness, it's no wonder weather people don't get the respect they think they deserve. I expressed my displeasure on their Facebook page and they ignored my post and proceeded to post their skewed PNS report.

post-532-0-54817800-1417116909_thumb.jpg

post-532-0-97983800-1417116914_thumb.jpg

Bradford pear trees took a beating as they still have leaves on them and have a brittle wood that snaps easily under the weight of an early season snow or ice storm. These trees are the champions for keeping their leaves on later than any other tree, including the Norway maples. cd9fedc40f126431f3966300470acb8b.jpg66d57050a4053ac41ac951a27fe732ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived