e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Wednesday/Night Storm Obs

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: Nov 26, 2014 08:58 PM Detail by County is listed below. County Total Customers by County

Customers Without Power

ANDROSCOGGIN 54,376 1,463

CUMBERLAND 155,804 19,715

FRANKLIN 22,552 150

HANCOCK 5,993 26

KENNEBEC 69,251 1,352

KNOX 25,005 544

LINCOLN 26,568 3,267

OXFORD 39,548 1,959

PENOBSCOT 13,427 152

PISCATAQUIS 9,535 2

SAGADAHOC 20,618 6,438

SOMERSET 29,079 217

WALDO 23,955 2,414

YORK 115,792 26,227     63,926

Chief is in a sneaky under-rated good spot

The whole north side of ORH up into those towns is sneaky good, like Holden, Sterling and West Boyalston, though the former are definitely a bit better. Even like the Burncoat region of ORH at 600 feet is very solid...it can be way better than just a couple miles away towards downtown. I always often say that the city is basically split in half in two climate zones...next time you chase, always go to the north side up off 190 somewhere.

Prob 4"+ up here while it is 2.5 downtown.

The whole north side of ORH up into those towns is sneaky good, like Holden, Sterling and West Boyalston, though the former are definitely a bit better. Even like the Burncoat region of ORH at 600 feet is very solid...it can be way better than just a couple miles away towards downtown. I always often say that the city is basically split in half in two climate zones...next time you chase, always go to the north side up off 190 somewhere.

Definitely a huge disappointment though...I was thinking like 8-10" for all of ORH easily. 

Almost all forecasts were too high with this event. Upton had 6-8" here and 10-14" for Danbury...I got 2.5" and Danbury had 3-4". 

What do you think was the main reason for the bust?

We actually talked about it earlier, Nate. There were a few reasons..but nothing where you can go back and say "jeez I missed that!" 

Do you think the WCB didn't develop because the lows weren't vertically stacked?

Also, do you believe the lack of antecedent cold reduced isentropic left and led to a lot of these dry zones/subsidence areas?

On Green Hill we are definitely above 4" now--maybe 4.5+, though a lot of that is sleet. Seems to be doing something between sleet and snow right now at -1C/30F

On Green Hill we are definitely above 4" now--maybe 4.5+, though a lot of that is sleet. Seems to be doing something between sleet and snow right now at -1C/30F

Yeah Green Hill is a pretty good spot...southern extension of that Burncoat ridge area.

Its mostly snow now I think, but not great growth. Everything is frozen though...temp has dipped to 30F.

Archived