• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

Why are the 850s so high right now? Is this part of the big warm up out in the plains and midwest?

Yes. The torch is there, it's just not reaching the surface except above the inversion on the peaks. But 45F at 4900ft in NNY is pretty damn warm for Dec 15th. Just be very glad we are below that inversion.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. The torch is there, it's just not reaching the surface except above the inversion on the peaks. But 45F at 4900ft in NNY is pretty damn warm for Dec 15th. Just be very glad we are below that inversion.

MWN record for the month is 47. So tickling 40 today is pretty impressive as you say.

MWN record for the month is 47. So tickling 40 today is pretty impressive as you say.

Heh, Obs website (automated) reporting 28, NWS reporting 41 from the hourly observation. I'm guessing NWS reading is right (I wonder if the Obs sensor is rimed over, but gosh a few hours at 40 you'd think that it would melt off already). It must be fun to drive from freezing fog and 28 at Crawfords and find low 40s down in Conway. Unless you like having snow and live in Conway, that is.

Heh, Obs website (automated) reporting 28, NWS reporting 41 from the hourly observation. I'm guessing NWS reading is right (I wonder if the Obs sensor is rimed over, but gosh a few hours at 40 you'd think that it would melt off already). It must be fun to drive from freezing fog and 28 at Crawfords and find low 40s down in Conway. Unless you like having snow and live in Conway, that is.

They were calling in observations to us to input into the system. This is actually pretty frequent in melting regimes, water is typically what gives them trouble rather than ice.

41 is the correct temp though.

Obviously looking way out there, but after the 21st potential it looks ugly for a bit. I'm sure that grinch storm will happen exactly as modeled too

And for pure comedy, the gfs is also showing a cutter for new years eve.

Wouldn't that be something. Whiff on the 21st and have cutters blast into new york on Christmas and new years.

Obviously looking way out there, but after the 21st potential it looks ugly for a bit. I'm sure that grinch storm will happen exactly as modeled too

And for pure comedy, the gfs is also showing a cutter for new years eve.

Wouldn't that be something. Whiff on the 21st and have cutters blast into new york on Christmas and new years.

Coastal already warned us that the next three storms are transitional storms and could turn out ugly. We will have to take it in stride.

Archived