• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

Your complaints will draw the ire of a larger percentage of the board.

Yes.

Simple mathematics.

You're free to do as you wish, I'm just letting you know how it is.

Let me go into the mid atl forum and wish this bad larry north....how do you think that would turn out?

You could make a nne forum...all eight of you, knock yourselves out.

Rough day at the office today?

I just figured for the most part we were past some of that stuff as a New England forum...no one has any control over it (the weather), should be able to talk as desired.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

Simple mathematics.

Let me go into the mid atl forum and wish this bad larry north....how do you think that would turn out?

Merry Christmas this fine winter morning Rey. Merry Christmas

FDC45859-06E4-4021-B5E1-C499336771FF_zps

Well the problem is, this region is simply a product of haves vs have nots many times. Nothing we can do. It doesn't mean NNE can't cheer a track near the cancal or SNE a track near the BM.  We are all sickos and all want snow. Naturally, one region will always be pissed off or disappointed.  That's fine. But, nobody likes to hear people complain that snow buried only up to their bumper, instead of their door handles...especially those in areas that have had mediocre snows. That's more or less what it comes down to.

Yes.

Simple mathematics.

Rough day at the office today?

I just figured for the most part we were past some of that stuff as a New England forum...no one has any control over it (the weather), should be able to talk as desired.

Well the problem is, this region is simply a product of haves vs have nots many times. Nothing we can do. It doesn't mean NNE can't cheer a track near the cancal or SNE a track near the BM.  We are all sickos and all want snow. Naturally, one region will always be pissed off or disappointed.  That's fine. But, nobody likes to hear people complain that snow buried only up to their bumper, instead of their door handles...especially those in areas that have had mediocre snows. That's more or less what it comes down to.

Exactly.

It is what it is.

Moving right along....

Well the problem is, this region is simply a product of haves vs have nots many times. Nothing we can do. It doesn't mean NNE can't cheer a track near the cancal or SNE a track near the BM. We are all sickos and all want snow. Naturally, one region will always be pissed off or disappointed. That's fine. But, nobody likes to hear people complain that snow buried only up to their bumper, instead of their door handles...especially those in areas that have had mediocre snows. That's more or less what it comes down to.

Yeah that's fair enough...good for all to consider.

We all have complained our ways to big dumps before (be it another CT jackpot or ME or VT or whatever), the problem is folks often view their weather on a very local scale. But the forum covers some wide areas, so everyone in a storm thread is bound to here someone biatch if they got 5" in Burlington but 10" in Montpelier...or ORH got 10" and Bedford got 5". Folks are going to comment on it, either happy or disappointed.

Other thing is that weather is certainly a "what have you done for me lately" hobby I guess...so even a few storms in a row in the same areas will certainly draw the ire of outside that area regardless of climo or previous experiences. I get that.

Well the problem is, this region is simply a product of haves vs have nots many times. Nothing we can do. It doesn't mean NNE can't cheer a track near the cancal or SNE a track near the BM. We are all sickos and all want snow. Naturally, one region will always be pissed off or disappointed. That's fine. But, nobody likes to hear people complain that snow buried only up to their bumper, instead of their door handles...especially those in areas that have had mediocre snows. That's more or less what it comes down to.

Except MPM land, no matter what the track is he never jackpots. lol

I wonder how one would even try to explain snow envy to their therapist.

Never quite understood it. I suppose everyone is envious of Sapporo. Might be because I grew up in SWRI and was often disappointed. Yea I am disappointed but it doesn't  bother me if you get 30 inches while I rain. I know that is my climo. I also know that eventually usually I will make my 50 inch climo. Right now I think VT might have had the most beautiful snowstorm in years. Does not bother me in the least and am very happy those guys had the experience, mine will come.

Never quite understood it. I suppose everyone is envious of Sapporo. Might be because I grew up in SWRI and was often disappointed. Yea I am disappointed but it doesn't  bother me if you get 30 inches while I rain. I know that is my climo. I also know that eventually usually I will make my 50 inch climo. Right now I think VT might have had the most beautiful snowstorm in years. Does not bother me in the least and am very happy those guys had the experience, mine will come.

A well stated, nice post.

Never quite understood it. I suppose everyone is envious of Sapporo. Might be because I grew up in SWRI and was often disappointed. Yea I am disappointed but it doesn't bother me if you get 30 inches while I rain. I know that is my climo. I also know that eventually usually I will make my 50 inch climo. Right now I think VT might have had the most beautiful snowstorm in years. Does not bother me in the least and am very happy those guys had the experience, mine will come.

You are very much one of the few on here that really get true satisfaction from events focused on other areas. I mean I like seeing you guys get bombed too...though maybe after 3 straight events I'd get antsy. I certainly wouldn't root for a complete whiff for all, if I couldn't get snow, haha. Though I get for eastern areas they feel like that because they don't want the rain instead.

I've said this several times already, but just remember as the Pacific adjusts and reshuffles, cold gets shoved south into the Plains. Sorry for some folks, but that may mean messy storms that aren't snow. Think this low and potentiallly, 1 to maybe 2 after that. It might work out...I don't know, but keep that in mind. Transition storms as we say.

It's December 15th and already folks are tired of us getting snow up here. It's not like it's February and it hasn't snowed anywhere else.

Just think last year we smoked tailpipes until mid-Feb up here. We can regress a little to the mean now.

Isn't SNE a little ahead of climo snow anyway for this date?

Depends on the site, but for December they're all running well below the normals of 3-6" through this date.

Climo gets skewed more and more every season, especially in December. I mean PWM is +6" on the season, is that really a snowfall surplus in the grand scheme? One storm and I could be 12" behind BDL. Likewise, the four climate sites in SNE could all easily eclipse their seasonal and monthly norms to date with one moderate snowfall. Everybody is doing just fine at this point in the season.

In reality it is just the mountains that have seen anything appreciably different than about 0.50" liquid higher than climo to this point.

Just amazing meteorology going on in NNE today... I'm seeing photos from Killington to Jay of summits out of the inversion.

What's really cool about it is... its 23F at 1,500ft at the office and pushing 38F now at 3,600ft.  There's your inversion.  In fact, the rime and snow is now falling off the trees up top its getting so warm.

I saw MWN was one of the warmest spots in New England this morning... but the fact that it is +9C at H85, this would be a freakin' torch without this inversion.  As it is the summits are about to torch this afternoon.  But the valleys would be like 65F if we mixed this out.

Here's the Stowe web cam right now... its actually going to look whiter with rime and snow below the inversion once this does mix out as the rime is starting to drop off the trees up high.

Archived