joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, someone will......I'd just rather someone else for a change...

It's December 15th and already folks are tired of us getting snow up here. It's not like it's February and it hasn't snowed anywhere else.

Just think last year we smoked tailpipes until mid-Feb up here. We can regress a little to the mean now.

Isn't SNE a little ahead of climo snow anyway for this date?

It's December 15th and already folks are tired of us getting snow up here. It's not like it's February and it hasn't snowed anywhere else.

Just think last year we smoked tailpipes until mid-Feb up here. We can regress a little to the mean now.

lol, Nobody wants to hear when you get snow, And they don't want to hear it when you don't, Right now, Colder air would be welcomed, And the snow will follow thereafter

I don't care about any of that.

I'd rather sunshine, than rain Christmas week.

Every storm thus far has done that...yes, I know it's climo, but don't care.

Yes, I know we did well last year, but don't care.

I forecasted it, but don't care. :lol:

I'm also tired of the QPF queens who always end up getting dumped on, regardless.

I'm sure Sox fans took solace in the 1918 WS title after game 7 of the 1986 WS.

All that matters is this year.

I don't care about any of that.

I'd rather sunshine, than rain Christmas week.

Every storm thus far has done that...yes, I know it's climo, but don't care.

Yes, I know we did well last year, but don't care.

I forecasted it, but don't care. :lol:

I'm also tired of the QPF queens who always end up getting dumped on, regardless.

I'm sure Sox fans took solace in the 1918 WS title after game 7 of the 1986 WS.

All that matters is this year.

Gonna be a long winter....good luck dude

On the NW side of coastal lows you get QPF queens, you guys just worry about rain/snow line. Last winter the QPF Queens didn't always get dumped I so not sure what you mean. Even this year, one storm was high ratio so QPF would've been a concern had it been 8:1 snow.

Gonna be a long winter....good luck dude

On the NW side of coastal lows you get QPF queens, you guys just worry about rain/snow line. Last winter the QPF Queens didn't always get dumped I so not sure what you mean. Even this year, one storm was high ratio so QPF would've been a concern had it been 8:1 snow.

I'm not sure why it has to be addressed.

Just leave it alone....jesus, no one questions moneyb*tch when he wishes it west...

Mike, I think it has something to do with the convection that is endemic to these soutern streamers...the latent heat release tends to shift things northward

Models never handle that well.

Thanks, Ray.

Also--lol at putting your foot down.

I wasn't singling you out.  Geez.  In general, this place just over-analyzes every model to the Nth degree.  Is it South, is it North, is it rain, is it snow, where is the 850 line? The QPF is lame.  It's pointless to discuss these sorts of specifics on a system at this lead time imo.  Just see that there is a system modeled and get it down to the day 4 mark and than have at it.  I don't know, it's just how I feel these days when it comes to this stuff.  Call me a debbie-downer, call me a bad mod, call me whatever.    

Well, if we didn't do that, I think this thread would have about 8 posts a day and this board would die a quick death.  :)

I expect you to get a lot of snow its your climo, never care if you do. Its not even the start climo wise for me. This upcoming threat is right at the exact time I begin to get sustainable snow. Its pretty awesome what has transpired so far this year, no complaints at all. We defeated the torch and now move on. Going to be a special year.

LOL, well there is some truth to those complaining about getting 8" vs 12" etc. Not saying you, PF.

Well that happens all the time no matter the storm.

It's frustrating to you guys if someone up here does it, but also if we are smoking cirrus it's the same as someone moaning because they got 8" while the next town had 12" in a slightly better band. Or maybe the coastal front wasn't just perfect so someone is unhappy with two towns away getting a better event. Or the banding never got north of Hartford or whatever.

Everyone does it.

Well that happens all the time no matter the storm.

It's frustrating to you guys if someone up here does it, but also if we are smoking cirrus it's the same as someone moaning because they got 8" while the next town had 12" in a slightly better band. Or maybe the coastal front wasn't just perfect so someone is unhappy with two towns away getting a better event. Or the banding never got north of Hartford or whatever.

Everyone does it.

The difference is that the vast majority of the board is on our camp.

I expect you to get a lot of snow its your climo, never care if you do. Its not even the start climo wise for me. This upcoming threat is right at the exact time I begin to get sustainable snow. Its pretty awesome what has transpired so far this year, no complaints at all. We defeated the torch and now move on. Going to be a special year.

I just want the pre Christmas storm to not be a rainer. 

I know I'm above climo...don't disagree with anything you have said.

So you can biatch about snow differences if you get 8" and your neighbor gets 12" but we can't?

Your complaints will draw the ire of a larger percentage of the board. 

Yes.

Simple mathematics.

You're free to do as you wish, I'm just letting you know how it is.

Let me go into the mid atl forum and wish this bad larry north....how do you think that would turn out?

You could make a nne forum...all eight of you, knock yourselves out.

Yeah it's off to a good start. After 4 of the last 5 years being under climo, hopefully we can get a good one up here (AND down there).

Archived