joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah guidance overall is pretty flat. I think thats what we need right now to have any shot.

We all know how these trend closer to verification time.

I would rather this whiff than get 3+" of rain again.

I mean, this could go out to sea....there are southern streamers that whiff.

But I'd rather have it whiffing, than on top of us at this early juncture.

...and agreed...I'll take cirrus over water.

I mean, I like Bob, but it's not as though I was talking amounts....I don't think preliminary qualitative conjecture is unwaranted within a week of go-time...especially considering the enormous travel ramifications at play.

Sorry, but....

I wasn't singling you out.  Geez.  In general, this place just over-analyzes every model to the Nth degree.  Is it South, is it North, is it rain, is it snow, where is the 850 line? The QPF is lame.  It's pointless to discuss these sorts of specifics on a system at this lead time imo.  Just see that there is a system modeled and get it down to the day 4 mark and than have at it.  I don't know, it's just how I feel these days when it comes to this stuff.  Call me a debbie-downer, call me a bad mod, call me whatever.    

I wasn't singling you out.  Geez.  In general, this place just over-analyzes every model to the Nth degree.  Is it South, is it North, is it rain, is it snow, where is the 850 line? The QPF is lame.  It's pointless to discuss these sorts of specifics on a system at this lead time imo.  Just see that there is a system modeled and get it down to the day 4 mark and than have at it.  I don't know, it's just how I feel these days when it comes to this stuff.  Call me a debbie-downer, call me a bad mod, call me whatever.    

This is true, but I was only speaking of the general concensus.

Anyway, this is what people do here....become completely and utterly immersed in a hobby, and in many cases a life long passion.

It's a nice escape from the daily grind.

well this is a weather board, so if there is one place where things will get overanalyzed it will be here.  I see nothing wrong with that and everybody can choose to participate as they wish.  When the Euro has a system a certain way for multiple runs a week out and other guidance is doing something very different it is even more interesting....so we look for little indicators.

Thanks for being a mod.

Don't know why I'm doing this but literal interpretation is a good hit for the southern 2/3 of CT.

many have already beat me up for this when I mentioned it 2 days ago but at this time frame,setup and evolution remind me of 12-19-09. Of course that is not my forecast but seeing some support for a SNE scrapper.

A lot of talk about storms and the Euro. Sometimes its hard to figure whether the talk is next weekend or on Christmas. I'm assuming that the midweek event is non wintry in SNE. I"ve been looking over the last few pages but still not clear. Can someone clarify? (This is not a, "how much in mby" question as it is far too out there for that kind of stuff anyhow).

Also, is there free access to the euro anywhere? GFS op info is a whole different world

A lot of talk about storms and the Euro. Sometimes its hard to figure whether the talk is next weekend or on Christmas. I'm assuming that the midweek event is non wintry in SNE. I"ve been looking over the last few pages but still not clear. Can someone clarify? (This is not a, "how much in mby" question as it is far too out there for that kind of stuff anyhow).

Also, is there free access to the euro anywhere? GFS op info is a whole different world

Mid week is a non event.

We are speaking of Sat night/Sunday.

Archived