Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the 18z GFS is not going to be correct with the evolution, but the degree of the storm is possible.  Also look at the 18-19th storm system, GFS redevelops a surface low with the main northern stream shortwave H5 low that moves its core south of SNE Islands.  This could be very interesting with the H5 low moving through, a quick few inches of snow is possible if things go right for Thursday.

Hope it does, be a nice storm to get you guys really off and running.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

A lot of that is down the drain, but it would be a nice paste to end. We'll get ours in a couple of weeks. Earlier in the season takes a little more work around here. I feel better about getting snow during St Patty's Day then I do Christmas time..lol. 

Ok Scott, why should I not care about what the GFS shows with regards to the Northern stream shortwave energy within the H5 low move south of the SNE Islands do anything to produce snowfall for Cape Cod, MA?  IS it the temps?  850mb temps drop to -5C or lower on Friday.  This is when the GFS produces the QPF for the northern stream shortwave.  Or is it lack of surface low development before it goes out to sea?  Any explanation given would help?

Ok Scott, why should I not care about what the GFS shows with regards to the Northern stream shortwave energy within the H5 low move south of the SNE Islands do anything to produce snowfall for Cape Cod, MA? IS it the temps? 850mb temps drop to -5C or lower on Friday. This is when the GFS produces the QPF for the northern stream shortwave. Or is it lack of surface low development before it goes out to sea? Any explanation given would help?

None of the above? Because it is 7 days out? Lol

Ok Scott, why should I not care about what the GFS shows with regards to the Northern stream shortwave energy within the H5 low move south of the SNE Islands do anything to produce snowfall for Cape Cod, MA?  IS it the temps?  850mb temps drop to -5C or lower on Friday.  This is when the GFS produces the QPF for the northern stream shortwave.  Or is it lack of surface low development before it goes out to sea?  Any explanation given would help?

So do you mean at hr 108 for example on the 18z GFS?

Archived