• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

You said that in early November. Your run back got fumbled and returned the other way.

LMAO...I remember on Election Day(Nov 4) he was talking of locking it up then too. Tone it down is right. Is he related to TK? I really think DIT jinxes it before it can get off the ground, kind of like Henry Margusity from accuweather with his "big daddy hat" on a snowstorm that is 6 days away.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burlington VT : 29.8" of snow so far this season, avg is 11.9" to date, greatest 32.7" (1977)

It will be real interesting comparing snowfall from this season to last season come the end of January...because at that point we were really behind last season.  At this rate we'll be really ahead by that time.

BTV has had some big variable years lately...like 2010-2011 was like 120" and then 2011-2012 was like 35". 

Well if the EURO and EURO ensemble means are in agreement with the 18z NAM, then yes its something to look at for further data.  You don't just blow off data like that, and plus the 18z GFS parallel model shows the low deepening to 988mb and retrograding to the gulf of Maine.  It is definitely close to becoming something more.

lol through December 13th.  That's the important thing to remember for you guys in SNE... its only December 13th.  Climo should favor us until like late December through mid-February when its like open season for everyone.

Like last winter, when by early Feb many of the top 25 on Kevin's table were from MA/CT.  Then climo asserted itself for NNE in Feb/Mar.

Maybe this has a similar pattern to 04-05, but the results up here are much different.  It wasn't until the big dump of Feb 10-11 that I measured a storm bigger than 3.2" that season.

I think the coastline could get some snow if that coastal low takes over faster and brings in the colder air faster.  NAM is developing the surface low further south, southwest than most models.  The 12z EURO went in this direction and so did the means.

Riding the nam outside of12 hours is folly.

Archived