• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

Wow, didn"t PF just say he was his friend?

Haha TK is a good guy. I even rib him about his forecasting. He's just an enthusiastic guy, but I know what Coastal means too. TK will always go with the more fun or exciting option...he loves meteorology. He wants exciting. Him and Blizz would be best friends. But TK is good stuff as a forecaster, skier and person...awesome dude to take runs with a grab a beer with.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha TK is a good guy. I even rib him about his forecasting. He's just an enthusiastic guy, but I know what Coastal means too. TK will always go with the more fun or exciting option...he loves meteorology. He wants exciting. Him and Blizz would be best friends. But TK is good stuff as a forecaster, skier and person...awesome dude to take runs with a grab a beer with.

Certainly not your typical boring science guy for sure. The passion he displays does overwhelm his senses at times but certainly he is an asset to the weather community. A lot of public figures its like watching paint dry, most of them really do not participate in the weather but rather drive to work go home and then get back up and do the same. When you are skiing, surfing etc (an outdoorsman) you have a deeply vested interest in every single day. Yes his enthusiasm gets wild but all in all he is great to read, watch and learn from. Not somebody I would diss professional to professional.

Well what I mean is that if I see something not so favorable, chances are it won't be and I'll probably go with that. There are cases where it's not always a good thing to go conservative despite what models say. I usually know what it takes around here, so it just depends on the circumstances.  

And that is a beautiful pic. Very envious.

So we will be looking for you to start honking around the 25th then

I didn't even know you were Stowes forecaster, congrats. You have to know when to hold them and know when to fold them.

Well we pay for hourly temperature, wind, weather forecast that covers various elevations...it's pretty much like code that pulls model data and fills in the temps/dews/wind at various elevations going out a few days.

So I basically look at that and see what I think...if it's too low, too warm, too snowy, or not snowy enough. I take all the information to our daily snow meeting (we actually have a meeting called "Snow Plan" every day) where we essentially talk about weather and snow and how our operations will go based on that over the next 24 hours. Ie what to groom, where to make snow, what the weather will do to the snow surface, when the best time to groom will be (early or late at night), etc.

I think a lot of folks would be fascinated to see how in depth a ski operations meeting can get towards snow and weather.

Well we pay for hourly temperature, wind, weather forecast that covers various elevations...it's pretty much like code that pulls model data and fills in the temps/dews/wind at various elevations going out a few days.

So I basically look at that and see what I think...if it's too low, too warm, too snowy, or not snowy enough. I take all the information to our daily snow meeting (we actually have a meeting called "Snow Plan" every day) where we essentially talk about weather and snow and how our operations will go based on that over the next 24 hours. Ie what to groom, where to make snow, what the weather will do to the snow surface, when the best time to groom will be (early or late at night), etc.

I think a lot of folks would be fascinated to see how in depth a ski operations meeting can get towards snow and weather.

Nice oh yea I am sure its very detailed with all the variances that go in. The ocatgon web Cam today has been amazing. I used one shot for a wallpaper. wow man congrats on just an incredible start. What % of climo are you at now?

Brett (tBlizz), this looks like one of those instances where it may take a couple of storms to get the trough east. What I mean is, many times when you reshuffle the deck, the troughs start digging in the Plains and Midwest which means you run into problems with ptype. Gradually you tick that trough east and then your chances of snow improve. To me, that could very well happen.

Thanks, makes sense. Overall, just happy to see storms. We will get ours

Archived