Newest Member
    amirah5
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Scott.

First off, the solution itself is not very common. An ULL that wraps around snow like that? Eh, maybe flurries. Secondly the lower 1500' looks pretty mild. Looks like non-accumulating 34F snow if it happened there. I mean sure, never say never...it just looks like an unlikely solution to get snow.

First off, the solution itself is not very common. An ULL that wraps around snow like that? Eh, maybe flurries. Secondly the lower 1500' looks pretty mild. Looks like non-accumulating 34F snow if it happened there. I mean sure, never say never...it just looks like an unlikely solution to get snow.

What's keeping it from looking good?

Wow is the GFS parallel run sucky at day 6 scores. Oy Vey.

It has a non-event at day 7.  Generally, it has seemed like a model that is worthless, haha.

Too bad because the resolution seems pretty high.  It is showing a little refresher for NNE on Thursday night into Friday.  The horrible model has a few 6-hour panels like this with a decent snow shower signal with MVL at 0.1".

True, so if like the NAM and EURO showed something similar to it say by 12z Monday, then it will be more likely?

The NAM is garbage, I wouldn't really look at it until 24 hrs out. I suppose if the euro showed it then perhaps, but my guess is the euro won't shift to a GFS solution. The GFS as is still looks crappy for you.

Ummmm...my birthday is 12/1. It was 67 degrees.

I think he missed the part where I said we are getting inside 10 days for the changes. 

Hush little weenie don't you cry,

Scooter's gonna make your snowflakes fly,

And if those snowstorms aren't a miss,

Your gonna end up in snow bliss.

So really were talking 2015 before this monotonous pattern gets replaced.

No the wheels are in motion prior to Christmas. It won't be that long. I could see one messy storm near Christmas and perhaps another after as an example. One or both could be on the snowier side. Tough to say. 

Thinking Rain/Snow for this weekend, 25-26th snow, and then a few days later snow.  With a parade of southern stream systems in play and return of the northern stream into the US, chances for phasing storms is more likely with chances for snowfall the later you get into next week.  The first of the series will be a rain to snow idea Tuesday night/Wednesday of this week.  There is the potential for snow showers on Friday with the passage of the northern stream H5 low.  Then a few days later on the 21/22 there is the potential for rain and snow, followed by a colder storm scenario on the 25/26th.  We are still a few days away from the lead shortwave, so we have time to figure out the rest later.

Archived