joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/26-27/2014 Coastal Storm Banter

SR Airglow

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm is a big deal for the time of the year...hard to get a big warning event this early. Throw in that it happens to occur on the biggest travel day of the year and it's a hype machine.

At any rate, I'll be working tomorrow in Boston near the seaport...hopefully catching an earlier Worcester train out mid afternoon...it will be interesting to see the coniditons near the seaport vs even just west toward Fenway/Kenmore area and then 128.

Storm is a big deal for the time of the year...hard to get a big warning event this early. Throw in that it happens to occur on the biggest travel day of the year and it's a hype machine.

At any rate, I'll be working tomorrow in Boston near the seaport...hopefully catching an earlier Worcester train out mid afternoon...it will be interesting to see the coniditons near the seaport vs even just west toward Fenway/Kenmore area and then 128.

Without a doubt it is an unusual event timingwise (both in terms of the date and the travel issues). If this was in mid Jan it would get half the attention.

Keep us posted Will. I'm particularly interested in mby especially since I won't be there heading to Princeton tonight. My guess for Princeton is 2-5.

Keep us posted Will. I'm particularly interested in mby especially since I won't be there heading to Princeton tonight. My guess for Princeton is 2-5.

We'll know your BY is doing well if I report parachutes outside my window at work tomorrow around lunchtime or early afternoon. Lol.

I'll try an get a good gauge on the train ride.

Megan has a half day in Walpole. Told her to leave school immediately when the bell rings at 11am. Their 300 feet elevation there could make it messy pretty fast when the heavy stuff get going.

Yeah... same thing with my wife.  Plus I have to bring my daughter to a doctor's apt at 11:30... wheeee!!!

Bob, sticking with your thoughts from yesterday?

I feel if we get on the west side of the coastal front we could get destroyed

Yup.  Still feel I'm going to be just on the E of the CF here at the airport while you and Butterfish will be on the W side for a time and get in on some good snows.  2-4"/3-5" for your area.  1-3" max for me.

Archived