joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/26-27/2014 Coastal Storm Banter

SR Airglow

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get ready. Jackpot fetishes galore while we dance around the r/s lines like grizzled veterans who are just happy to see white. Inland folk wouldn't survive a

winter down here without being committed to a loony bin

Well that's why we don't live there. That said.. I don't need to ever jack... I just like to maximize amounts each storm and squeeze every bit out that the atmosphere allows

That said.. I don't need to ever jack... I just like to maximize amounts each storm and squeeze every bit out that the atmosphere allows

That sounds like jackpotting though?  You don't need to but you like to maximize amounts?  Not sure anyone doesn't want to maximize amounts of every storm, lol.

The December 2012 event a few days after Christmas keeps popping into my head as a possible match for the distribution of snow.

That event featured the coastal front right through taunton. I had about 6" on the snow side, and didnt flip. East of me rained a good amount but everyone flipped for a few inches before it shut off.

NW did really well. Places in NW RI I believe had over a foot

The December 2012 event a few days after Christmas keeps popping into my head as a possible match for the distribution of snow.

That event featured the coastal front right through taunton. I had about 6" on the snow side, and didnt flip. East of me rained a good amount but everyone flipped for a few inches before it shut off.

NW did really well. Places in NW RI I believe had over a foot

I had a 9 inch fluff bomb in that one in ORH...prob wont be as cold as that one over the interior and the good precip will prob get further NW in this one. But this one could def have a similar coastal front setup.

Despite MPM worries it's looked like a thumper here for a few days.  I'm expecting paste here but if the more E solutions verify I'm all in on fluff factor.  It will certainly make clearing it easier on Thanksgiving morning and getting on the road.  That's the saving grace, RT 2 E should be in decent shape by mid-morning Thurs. 

I was going to work a beer tasting in Westford Wed evening, think I'll be cancelling that tomorrow...

I had a 9 inch fluff bomb in that one in ORH...prob wont be as cold as that one over the interior and the good precip will prob get further NW in this one. But this one could def have a similar coastal front setup.

Yeah, I think it will be warmer on the whole. I think the coastal front set up could be very similar though.

This event probably is going to pack a bit more of a punch. Whoever gets on the good side of that front could be in for a surprise, especially an area not currently forecasted for much

I'm actually a bit curious what will happen at school. We still have official classes Wednesday. I wonder if they would pull the plug on that tomorrow recognizing how nightmarish it could be getting home around the region on Wednesday night.

On a holiday where there is a mass exit from the campus, I think you have to at least consider letting people leave early

I'm actually a bit curious what will happen at school. We still have official classes Wednesday. I wonder if they would pull the plug on that tomorrow recognizing how nightmarish it could be getting home around the region on Wednesday night.

On a holiday where there is a mass exit from the campus, I think you have to at least consider letting people leave early

Wow, you still have classes Wednesday? I'm done tomorrow. Hopefully they cancel, or I would leave early anyway.

Or wait until Thursday morning  :lol: 

Wow, you still have classes Wednesday? I'm done tomorrow. Hopefully they cancel, or I would leave early anyway.

Or wait until Thursday morning :lol:

Lol I commute and only have class tues and thurs, so I am done tomorrow.

However, I work on campus 12-5 Wednesday, and do not feel like going during the storm and that traffic nightmare

Archived