joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice leaf pour Monday at dawn...  Winds very light or calm where decoupling is successful, and with temperatures in those area in the upper 20s, the freeze will assist a big drop.  

I wonder why that happens. I wonder if freeze in the leaf stems causes the moisture to expand ... helping to sever the already weakened connection between leaf stem and twig.  

Heading up in elevation tomorrow morning in search of snow...

Radar loop showing showery precipitation continuing behind the front. Expect terrain enhanced showers to persist overnight...and above roughly 1000 feet snow to mix in when temperatures drop to near freezing toward midnight. BUFKIT soundings showing a pocket of higher relative humidity coinciding with ideal snow growth layer around 06z as surface temperatures cool enough to support snow. Toward sunup middle level drying occurs...and precipitation should taper off rapidly.

Yesterday, my ZFP was calling for a high in the low 40's today.  Now, they're calling for upper 40's, ftl.  The high starting point today suggests the latter call is the right one.  We'll see how the CAA does.

I'm not sure on the overnight low.  The p/c is for 29 and zfp is for upper 20's.  I'm not sure what the wind situation will be on this.  As long as it's still brining in CA, I suppose it may work out to dip below freezing at the Pit.

41.9/37

Yesterday, my ZFP was calling for a high in the low 40's today.  Now, they're calling for upper 40's, ftl.  The high starting point today suggests the latter call is the right one.  We'll see how the CAA does.

I'm not sure on the overnight low.  The p/c is for 29 and zfp is for upper 20's.  I'm not sure what the wind situation will be on this.  As long as it's still brining in CA, I suppose it may work out to dip below freezing at the Pit.

41.9/37

BOX had U40s yesterday for BOS. Maybe Kevin was on duty?

Archived