Newest Member
    joxey
October Discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup.. 40's by day and 20's by night. This is what October is supposed to be

I realize ... or 'hope' rather, that you're just speaking hyperbolically but your totally wrong...

40's and 20's sustained in the diurnal cycle would be probably the coldest October in the history of Octobers for CT

Not on the hills we don't. Ever

Yeah but the CAA is gone...so it stays windy on the hill tops, but it's no longer CAA, we actually start WAA overnight. I won't be surprised if ORH doesn't get a freeze tonight, in fact I expect it...more like 33-35F. It might hit 32, but it's not hitting the 20s.

I expect a much better chance at the hilltop freeze next week, not this current cold shot.

Oh, Mar 13 was a cutoff? Wasn't around for it but everyone talks about the firehouse.

Dec '92 was a firehose too...a big cutoff to the south that had big easterly flow in the mid-levels off the ocean (i.e. firehose)

Mar '01 was another example.

Mar '13 isn't the greatest "classic" example, but it was def a cut off, it slowed down quite a bit:

030815.gif

Its not much, but we're dusted above 2,700ft at Stowe.  Some faint whiteness on the upper terrain now.

attachicon.gifcurrent.jpg

Congrats--first of the season.  Too bad you're behind Harwinton CT (bogus?)

Not on the hills we don't. Ever

Therein lies the problem.  I'll hope for freezing but that may not happen.

Yeah but the CAA is gone...so it stays windy on the hill tops, but it's no longer CAA, we actually start WAA overnight. I won't be surprised if ORH doesn't get a freeze tonight, in fact I expect it...more like 33-35F. It might hit 32, but it's not hitting the 20s.

I expect a much better chance at the hilltop freeze next week, not this current cold shot.

This.

Just split another 1/2 cord.  I've only got about a cord left to split.  I'm going to need to break down and buy one I think.  I'd hate to run out.

45.6/30

This got well below the picnic tables, haha.  That's like 1800ft in the hardwoods.  No 4kft table duster.

It was odd though, the snow depth really didn't increase much with elevation from 2,000-4,000ft. 

Nice. Enjoy the snow. Make a snowball and roll it down the steepest slope to see what happens.

Archived