Newest Member
    joxey
October Discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. And a dog

Yeah there were actually multiple groups out there for an inch of snow. People are crazy for snow up here....its hard to describe how energized town (and all the ski towns) were yesterday up this way. Everyone was talking about it and just stoked...like the feeling when your sports team wind the championship. One big reason I love it up here, unlike the cities down south, people in ski towns genuinely love snow and live by it...there's none of that "winter hate" you get elsewhere.

ORH at 29F....that was def about 3-5F colder than I thought. Cold shot over-performed.

Isn't that a good direction for the ASOS if winds were to go light? I know under CAA conditions the best direction is more 330, but looks like winds dropped off a bit and the temp dropped. I thought I remember light SW winds weren't too bad at the airport.

Isn't that a good direction for the ASOS if winds were to go light? I know under CAA conditions the best direction is more 330, but looks like winds dropped off a bit and the temp dropped. I thought I remember light SW winds weren't too bad at the airport.

They also got the "pre-mixing sunrise" temp drop that occasionally happens. Right as the sun came up the temp dropped 3F from 32F to 29F. I usually see it when they have snow cover, but I guess today's conditions were ripe for it.

We're lucky we got this one as the one you thought was coming next weekend vanished into torch

Yeah it only looks like a brief minor cool shot and prob not enough for a freeze except if the rad spot decouple. Its still like 6-7 days out though, and since its a little lobe, we'll have to watch it.

They also got the "pre-mixing sunrise" temp drop that occasionally happens. Right as the sun came up the temp dropped 3F from 32F to 29F. I usually see it when they have snow cover, but I guess today's conditions were ripe for it.

I've seen that before as well. I didn't think they'd drop into the U20s either. Pretty cool.

Archived