Newest Member
    joxey
October 2014 General Discussion

SchaumburgStormer

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mix at ORD

SPECI KORD 041228Z 26012KT 10SM -RASN FEW018 FEW023 OVC029 02/M01 A2970 RMK AO2 RAB1158SNB1158E11B27 P0000 T00221006 $

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL
707 AM CDT SAT OCT 4 2014 /807 AM EDT SAT OCT 4 2014/

...CHICAGO ILLINOIS RECORDS THIRD EARLIEST SNOWFALL ON RECORD...

THE WEATHER OBSERVER AT CHICAGO OHARE CONFIRMED THAT
SNOW WAS OCCURRING. THIS SNOW IS THE THIRD EARLIEST SNOWFALL TO
BE OBSERVED AT CHICAGO DATING BACK TO 1884. THE EARLIEST SNOWFALL TO
OCCUR IN CHICAGO WAS ON SEPTEMBER 25 IN 1928 AND 1942 WHEN A TRACE
FELL.

THE AVERAGE FIRST TRACE OF SNOW AT CHICAGO IS OCTOBER 30TH.

When it cleared off late last evening and the temp fell to 37, I got a bit nervous(garden), but it then never fell any lower and remained warmer than what was forecast by the nws and all locals.  The nws is only calling for patchy frost tonight with a low of 35.

I don't know if we saw any flurries early this morning.  I was sleeping when the radar returns passed over us.

When it cleared off late last evening and the temp fell to 37, I got a bit nervous(garden), but it then never fell any lower and remained warmer than what was forecast by the nws and all locals.  The nws is only calling for patchy frost tonight with a low of 35.

I don't know if we saw any flurries early this morning.  I was sleeping when the radar returns passed over us.

I slept through it too, although I did see on Twitter that Mount Mercy (not far from where I live) saw snow this morning.  :axe:

Had a rain/snow mix here this morning when I woke up around 8 am and lasted for at least 30 minutes.   Then had to sit outside and watch my kids soccer game at 9 where it started again for a little bit.  Kids were distracted with the snow then playing soccer.  Funny. 

Snow in Columbus

KCMH 041351Z 28016G21KT 7SM -SN BKN026 BKN039 OVC075 04/00 A2980 RMK AO2 WSHFT 1325 RAB03E26SNB47 SLP094 P0000 T00390000

Nice! I'd heard a few rumors on Facebook of actual snowflakes mixing in across parts of Ohoo, but was skeptical. Wonder if it's more grauple than true snow with air temps above 40.

I am legit surprised that the snow made it down to parts of Chicago and NW Indiana. I don't even think the NAM had anything getting that far, it was by far the most aggressive with the snow though, probably the only win it will have this winter :lol:

A few runs here and there had snow to about I-39 or maybe a touch ESE of there but I was surprised to see it at ORD

Had a rain/snow mix here this morning when I woke up around 8 am and lasted for at least 30 minutes.   Then had to sit outside and watch my kids soccer game at 9 where it started again for a little bit.  Kids were distracted with the snow then playing soccer.  Funny. 

Right on. My mom said she saw it too. No dice here...just some miserable really cold liquid here this morning.

Archived