joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2014 General Discussion

SchaumburgStormer

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MPX saying 850 temps will certainly be cold enough for flakes, but any accumulation if it were to happen would be across the river into W. WI. We'll see. I just moved here from Chicago, so talking snow in early October is kinda crazy. But I guess you guys are also talking about it down there too. Sign of things to come this winter?

If MSP can receive something measurable it would be the 2nd earliest occurrence I think.

Not digging this upcoming cool-down. It's only my obviously fallible memory but it seems like chilly Octobers forebode a warm winter.

Hope your memory is wrong. Welcome back for the winter.

The wife and I stopped in London for a meal while heading up the 401 this summer. It seems like a nice city.

Not digging this upcoming cool-down. It's only my obviously fallible memory but it seems like chilly Octobers forebode a warm winter.

I believe there is a connection there, lets hope the cold is passive, but it doesn't look to be the case.

Edit: actually looking at the data it is more of a mixed bag. There are some real clunker winters in there but also some really good winters in there, at least locally when looking at the top 20 coldest Octobers compared to the following winters.

Hope your memory is wrong. Welcome back for the winter.

The wife and I stopped in London for a meal while heading up the 401 this summer. It seems like a nice city.

Thanks as always IWXwx. Yeah, it's ai'ight, as the kiddies say.

And PM me if it was a bbq place. I'm still trying to find a place that makes good ribs.

I believe there is a connection there, lets hope the cold is passive, but it doesn't look to be the case.

Edit: actually looking at the data it is more of a mixed bag. There are some real clunker winners in there but also some really good winters in there, at least locally when looking at the top 20 coldest Octobers compared to the following winters.

Good to know.

Edit: actually looking at the data it is more of a mixed bag. There are some real clunker winners in there but also some really good winters in there, at least locally when looking at the top 20 coldest Octobers compared to the following winters.

I have to admit I too was thinking of how often a cold Oct seemed to lead to a mild winter, but as you said, looking at the data, a mixed bag, but actually, the top 20 coldest Octobers had way more good winters that followed than clunker winters. I mean, seeing the few clunkers (1889-90, 1952-53) is a bit unsettling, but if nothing else, shows how there is never a set pattern in anything. several awesome winters followed a top 20 cold October (1880-81, 1925-26, 1977-78, 1981-82), and many other decent ones.

Archived