joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight was a very nice sunset. Oddly enough nice sunsets are supposed to happen before calm weather, :lol:

There won't be anything pleasant about being here tomorrow, trust me. 

I was just there yesterday for my mandatory periodic Ginos lunch and a quick walk on the boardwalk.

Still couldn't believe how much Mobil was charging for gas. :lol: It was nice to see them finally developing

the space in the east end where Kings Pharmacy was.

Out of everything that I saw in Long Beach a few days after Sandy, that huge boulder getting pushed off the

Roosevelt Jetty was near the top of the power of mother nature list.

The events of the 2011 summer were almost a foreshadowing of things to come. First the major rainfall

flooding in August before Irene with 10" of rain in less than 12 hour. And then the evacuation with Irene.

Things worked out for the better for me in the interim since I would have been out of my old place

for a while until the water and utilities came back on. The water stopped two inches from coming in

from what the new people there told me, but the AC unit was totaled.

The purple boulder had to have been in the tens of tons.

I almost had water in my place during Irene so forget about Sandy.

And I promise all the Long Island people west of river head at least some accumulation

Tonight was a very nice sunset. Oddly enough nice sunsets are supposed to happen before calm weather, :lol:

There won't be anything pleasant about being here tomorrow, trust me. 

..noticed that too while @ work in riverhead..awesome colors..

NOT looking forward to the heavy rain and 36* that will be happenin'

out here.

I'd almost rather just a rainstorm at this point..its going to be a long winter if every storm is like this

I feel the exact opposite. If this was a cut and dry rainstorm would we be spending all this time examining each model? I learn a ton from each storm like this.

I think there are big surprises in store tomorrow

I feel the exact opposite. If this was a cut and dry rainstorm would we be spending all this time examining each model? I learn a ton from each storm like this.

I think there are big surprises in store tomorrow

No but if we end up with a rainstorm I'd rather know that in advance, but I agree you can't win em all

I see many of the other Long Island and coastal folks are migrating over to this thread tonight. Anyone want to talk about all that potential blocking for Decmeber??

..i would !...but no one else is..guess this storm is distracting people..reading mixed signals re: LR..hoping

to get that blocking as advertised but haven't seen or read anything regarding that..

..i would !...but no one else is..guess this storm is distracting people..reading mixed signals re: LR..hoping

to get that blocking as advertised but haven't seen or read anything regarding that..

Substantial october blocking historically re-establishes itself during december for the winter months. Also stratospheric warming and propogation of that is in a text book spot to promote blocking over greenland. Im not worried and so are most of the mets in here. We'll get a couple a couple of substantial blocking episodes this winter

Archived