joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone wants to crucify me because I estimated something wrong, who gives a crap, nobody here lives there anyway.

I just wish people would take the eight seconds out of their lives to cross-reference an atlas before making their reports. Where is the geographical threshold between "accuracy counts" and "nobody cares"? The preliminary Euro assessments are useful to a great many people, I'm sure, but when misinformation is posted, then defended, then justified because "who gives a crap", it's cause for concern.

Is it a big deal? No. Is it just one example of a more overarching problem? Probably...

I just wish people would take the eight seconds out of their lives to cross-reference an atlas before making their reports. Where is the geographical threshold between "accuracy counts" and "nobody cares"? The preliminary Euro assessments are useful to a great many people, I'm sure, but when misinformation is posted, then defended, then justified because "who gives a crap", it's cause for concern.

Is it a big deal? No. Is it just one example of a more overarching problem? Probably...

When you're trying to do a quick PBP it's extremely hard to be 100% accurate, especially when you're looking at zoomed out maps on SV. WxBell makes things a lot easier, but it updates a lot slower.

And nobody here lives there anyway. If I said the 0.75"+ line is over the city and in reality it's out towards Suffolk, then yes that's a big deal.

I do the PBP for the benefit of others. I don't have to. I could just keep the info for myself.

No the board shouldn't need mods. We're supposed to all be adults here

I'm sorry but he drives me nuts...he's a man child who wrong too often. I 100% appreciate his pbp's when I'm at work but when I get to see the same maps he does and is wrong and arrogant about it, I get annoyed.

I'm sorry but he drives me nuts...he's a man child who wrong too often. I 100% appreciate his pbp's when I'm at work but when I get to see the same maps he does and is wrong and arrogant about it, I get annoyed.

No I agree and way too many people take things personally. Its freakin weather, nobody can control it

That thread is a disaster! wow... The bottom-line is its not snow along the coast on the NAM. If you choose to throw out the NAM then cool but the reality is most show some sort of taint along the coast just not to the extent of the NAM.

No one is saying it's snow on the coast on the nam...it's probably mostly rain. I don't expect much of anything here. Its the fact that he's wrong again that's annoying to some. Im tossing the NAM bc it looks like nothing else in its thermal profiles. I awlays like a Euro/RGEM blend this close in. I'm happy for you inland guys that might get a nice snow storm.

All in all.....not going to be a snowstorm for NYC and surrounding suburbs without good elevation, and obviously east of the city. We will see some snow, yes.....But if there's anything to look forward to, it could be a good amount of sleet

I don't know.  It's a tightrope.  I think you and I sleet-fest for a few hours for sure.  But I think there's a good chance we pick up a couple inches of snow-cement in the late afternoon/early evening.  Whoever has a little elevation in northern NJ and is not overtaken by that warm layer, could easily get dumped on.

I don't know. It's a tightrope. I think you and I sleet-fest for a few hours for sure. But I think there's a good chance we pick up a couple inches of snow-cement in the late afternoon/early evening. Whoever has a little elevation in northern NJ and is not overtaken by that warm layer, could easily get dumped on.

Yeah, you know from the looks of it, it seems we could get a couple hours of very heavy snow after our sleet.....but I never like to bank on that. It rarely pans out for our areas.....but I agree, a little elevation goes a long way. Not even just those 700ft+ areas, but even 300-500ft western essex or union. I'm only at about 160ft, but I've seen a big difference in storms like this in places like Caldwell or West Orange. Best of luck!

Sucks that it is just to warm. Could have been a nice early season snow.

WTF are you talking about? Most of the area is about to get 3-6 inches if not more -- in November no less! I'm frickin jumping for frickin joy! How about you be thankful we're actually getting anything this time of year -- hell, be thankful we're getting anything period and it not be like the winter of 2001-2002!

Archived