• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

Looks like i survived the first purge before the seasons first snowstorm. Damn that main thread was a trainwreck! I know im getting zero snow but some really went off the deep end in a thread where SERIOUS discussion was taking place

Zero snow? I think you're way wrong there. Obviously your not going to get 12" but you'll have some slush on the front end

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like i survived the first purge before the seasons first snowstorm. Damn that main thread was a trainwreck! I know im getting zero snow but some really went off the deep end in a thread where SERIOUS discussion was taking place

I'm probably just going to hang out in the NY/PA forum and follow what's going on at PSU with the storm. It's going to be unbearable here if some of the morons keep posting bust/it's raining!!!!/whining/bickering etc. Our subforum is a laughingstock and rightfully so with some of these guys. Keep the bannings/suspensions coming. 

I'm already 95% sure of what I'm getting here which is a ton of rain and sleet, so why bother with what goes on in the NYC forum?

I'm probably just going to hang out in the NY/PA forum and follow what's going on at PSU with the storm. It's going to be unbearable here if some of the morons keep posting bust/it's raining!!!!/whining/bickering etc. Our subforum is a laughingstock and rightfully so with some of these guys. Keep the bannings/suspensions coming.

I'm already 95% sure of what I'm getting here which is a ton of rain and sleet, so why bother with what goes on in the NYC forum?

Sickman already posted a notice to all posting garbage from here on out in the storm discussion threads. They're may be some more purging tommorow. It seems storms with a battleground where someone is gonna get 33 and rain they're is biblical bickering over 700mb warm punch etc. the all snow events with no mixing issues they're isnt as many issues.

I know for a fact im not the most knowledgable here but i do try and contribute some tidbits here. i agree though the endless banter in the what looks like the wild west in out serious storm discussion threads has cost us some substantial red tagger input and that is what this place is built on IMO. We all need to behave better from within as well regardless of getting shafted or not.

Made this map last night; thoughts? I think the "1-2 inches with rain will just shift to just plain rain, and the white area (2-4") will change to 1-3"

1004555_1510565275879027_467021891658771

Content seems fine, but you need a spell checker and a better drawing program - for a second, I thought it was drawn by the South Park animators, lol.

Content seems fine, but you need a spell checker and a better drawing program - for a second, I thought it was drawn by the South Park animators, lol.

LOL, I totally understand, I just use shapes on powerpoint and place them in places randomly. It looks terrible, that's the unfortunate consequence of not paying money to use better drawing programs. If anyone knows a good drawing program, I'm open to suggestions. And also just realized it says "prdictions" instead of "predictions". oops!

Save for the east end im in one the worst spots for fighting warm punch on LI. If i get a trace ill be shocked IMO

Hey,hey,hey.....what did we ever do to you? lol. I don't really see this one as a screw job here. Keep them coming like this all winter long, I think we get snow out of something like this a month from now

Any takers of this offer?

http://consumerist.com/2014/11/25/dealerships-white-friday-deal-buy-a-new-vehicle-now-get-a-refund-if-it-snows-6-inches-on-christmas/

We’ve seen retailers make a big gamble for events like the Super Bowl (and lose millions in merchandise, in one case), but this might be the first time we’ve caught wind of a car dealership willing togive out free cars just to woo Black Friday shoppers.

In what one Chicago-area Buick dealership is calling a “White Friday” sale, customers who buy any brand new Buick or GMC vehicle on Nov. 28 and 29 will have the chance to get all that money back come Christmas, reports the Chicago Tribune.

The catch is, it has to snow six inches or more on Christmas Day, a measurement that must be recorded at the O’Hare International Airport weather station.

The chances of getting any amount of snowfall in Chicago on that day are between 40% to 50%, according to the Illinois Climatologist office, much less an entire six inches.

Even so, if the dealership is smart, it’s got some kind of insurance policy backing this deal up.

Dealership offers free cars if it snows on Christmas Day [Chicago Tribune]

Save for the east end im in one the worst spots for fighting warm punch on LI. If i get a trace ill be shocked IMO

Only slightly better here and I am going down with the ship for 3" colder surfaces here.

And actually my and blue waves former, and JM's current home long beach is way worse. Even still I think both of you guys see some slush during the front end thump.

The dews are a good sign for the column cooling fun on the way

Only slightly better here and I am going down with the ship for 3" colder surfaces here.

And actually my and blue waves former, and JM's current home long beach is way worse. Even still I think both of you guys see some slush during the front end thump.

The dews are a good sign for the column cooling fun on the way

I gotta move back there some day. The odd thing is that we found a better deal out of town several months before

Sandy struck. But now I am very homesick and want to find a way back. There's nothing like sunsets on the

Long Beach boardwalk and the sicilian slices at Genios. 

I gotta move back there some day. The odd thing is that we found a better deal out of town several months before

Sandy struck. But now I am very homesick and want to find a way back. There's nothing like sunsets on the

I miss walking from my terrace 100' Into the water. I hardly surf now compared to then.

It's an amazing city. Best of both worlds kinda urban but certainly suburban. A great place for a weather enthusiast! (Despite being in my eyes the least snowy place in the whole of NY state)

Also a much more Laid back feel then the rest Of ny. I also moved a couple months before sandy. My place was a total lose so it all worked out in the end.

Tonight was a very nice sunset. Oddly enough nice sunsets are supposed to happen before calm weather, :lol:

There won't be anything pleasant about being here tomorrow, trust me. 

I miss walking from my terrace 100' Into the water. I hardly surf now compared to then.

It's an amazing city. Best of both worlds kinda urban but certainly suburban. A great place for a weather enthusiast! (Despite being in my eyes the least snowy place in the whole of NY state)

Also a much more Laid back feel then the rest Of ny. I also moved a couple months before sandy. My place was a total lose so it all worked out in the end.

Out of everything that I saw in Long Beach a few days after Sandy, that huge boulder getting pushed off the

Roosevelt Jetty was near the top of the power of mother nature list.

The events of the 2011 summer were almost a foreshadowing of things to come. First the major rainfall

flooding in August before Irene with 10" of rain in less than 12 hour. And then the evacuation with Irene.

Things worked out for the better for me in the interim since I would have been out of my old place

for a while until the water and utilities came back on. The water stopped two inches from coming in 

from what the new people there told me, but the AC unit was totaled.

Archived