joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, I hate to say this because I know it's early and I'm still very optimistic about this winter, but who doesn't agree that the outlook for the first 2 weeks of December screams 2011-2012? The meteorologists in the New England forums are even calling it a "furnace." And during this same time frame in 2011, we were all confident the cold pattern would reload in mid-December and we all know what happened that winter. Jeez, the similarities are striking.

This is why I am against significant pre-season snowfall because the same thing happened in 2011!

Ugh, I hate to say this because I know it's early and I'm still very optimistic about this winter, but who doesn't agree that the outlook for the first 2 weeks of December screams 2011-2012? The meteorologists in the New England forums are even calling it a "furnace." And during this same time frame in 2011, we were all confident the cold pattern would reload in mid-December and we all know what happened that winter. Jeez, the similarities are striking.

This is why I am against significant pre-season snowfall because the same thing happened in 2011!

The difference is November 2011 was about 7 degrees warmer than this year

Actually, there does not to be any extended warm-up period. 5 days or so of warmer weather followed by shots of cold air and chances of snow

I'll be in Bergen county for this one with the in-laws... just east of the GSP. in the Westwood area.

It's always fun to experience a snowstorm in a new place so I'm pretty pumped, but I'd still love to be 10 miles further NW and more elevated to really feel safe.

Anyone on here with micro-climate obs about the area?

I'll be in Bergen county for this one with the in-laws... just east of the GSP. in the Westwood area.

It's always fun to experience a snowstorm in a new place so I'm pretty pumped, but I'd still love to be 10 miles further NW and more elevated to really feel safe.

I think you'll be fine up there. 

Granita Grill is excellent.

Oh, weather-wise? Not a clue. Lol

Not to far from my hood and yes further NW would definitely be better for this one. I'll actually be in Princeton on Turkey day.

Westwood is a really nice little town, very suburban. I can give you a great place for sushi if you're interested.

You're really close to Rockland County there. It's only about an 8 mile drive to the famous Rockland Bakery, some elevation as well. Good luck.

Westwood is a really nice little town, very suburban. I can give you a great place for sushi if you're interested.

You're really close to Rockland County there. It's only about an 8 mile drive to the famous Rockland Bakery, some elevation as well. Good luck.

My GF lives in New City in rockland county and the rockland bakery is awesome. Also the city line diner in new city has some of the best breakfast ive ever had.

Im gonna be staying up there saturday and sunday. Probably gonna knock some christmas shopping out as well as the shops at nanuet with my gf as well (not gonna be packed like palisades mall & woodbury commons that bring in loads of the orientals ) LOL!

Archived