joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mind-numbing bickering and wishcasting is out of control this year. I really wish this sub-forum was more like the New England one. They definitely banter in their technical/analysis threads, but it doesn't distract from the excellent discussion. It's November, every single one of us in this sub-forum should be thrilled at even the possibility of getting a few inches of snow. I almost wonder if the non-mets should be limited across the board to a certain number of posts per day. Perhaps it would cut down on the out of control number of garbage posts and bickering.

The mind-numbing bickering and wishcasting is out of control this year. I really wish this sub-forum was more like the New England one. They definitely banter in their technical/analysis threads, but it doesn't distract from the excellent discussion. It's November, every single one of us in this sub-forum should be thrilled at even the possibility of getting a few inches of snow. I almost wonder if the non-mets should be limited across the board to a certain number of posts per day. Perhaps it would cut down on the out of control number of garbage posts and bickering.

There should def be a rating system in place to determine who can post & where they can post. The ratings can be done by the moderators.

Very annoying. The most frustrating part is that certain people that knew very little last season suddenly are posting with an arrogant demeanor and criticizing those who oppose their views, as if they came back to school from summer vacation as better than everyone else. The frustration seems to be rooted from ideas of seeing more snow than they will see. If people want to forecast, they can't be partial to solutions that show more snow for their areas. Cmon everyone.....respect one another. Way too much tension at this point

Oh c'mon give guys a break. You can mute people on here and will not see their post. If you do not like Yanksfan for anyone else and have NOT muted them yet, obviously you find some interest in their post. If so, just scroll past it. Hell, i am on my phone most the time and have absolutely no problem skimming through post to the important ones. Some people just like to bust chops.

Oh c'mon give guys a break. You can mute people on here and will not see their post. If you do not like Yanksfan for anyone else and have NOT muted them yet, obviously you find some interest in their post. If so, just scroll past it. Hell, i am on my phone most the time and have absolutely no problem skimming through post to the important ones. Some people just like to bust chops.

Nonsense. Ridiculous and completely wrong posts shouldnt just be "ignored".

It's not just that certain posts can be scrolled through to the better posts. When a conversation becomes centered around those absurd posts, they trigger more absurd posts. It is difficult to scroll through and find the "real" stuff and I'm sure it's incredibly difficult to moderate as well

Ignoring doesn't stop others from quoting them, making the Ignore Prefs useless.

I value and the enjoy the analysis of many of the very knowledgeable pros and amatuers alike in the nyc discussion threads but there is alot of garbage being thrown around as well .Sometimes after I read the nyc storm discussion threads I feel gross and disgusting- like I need a shower. I'm not going to lie though I kinda like it for the entertainment value. With each seemingly disputable model run producing predictable dispute, anguish, and outrage, well After 7 or so months without a good snow threat to rile some posters up, I feel like I'm home again so bring on the winter! I agree about the ne subforum -it is awesome for analysis and discussion as well as good(generally) natured ball breaking but it just doesn't have quite the same dysfunctional family appeal. That said.. Light rain here as the warm front approaches

Wow what a torch in the 0z gfs op as we enter December. Looks like multiple days of 60s if not 70s if things are clear and no cold air in sight. Relaxation? More like a reverse back into early November or something straight out of 2001-2 winter.

NE forum agrees and looks to go west of 12z.

The 00z GFS a really just shows about a week of warming up and then back to colder temps

Archived