• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

Westwood is a really nice little town, very suburban. I can give you a great place for sushi if you're interested.

You're really close to Rockland County there. It's only about an 8 mile drive to the famous Rockland Bakery, some elevation as well. Good luck.

Attempting rockland bakery the day before thanksgiving is a worse idea than attempting the mall 2 days later.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attempting rockland bakery the day before thanksgiving is a worse idea than attempting the mall 2 days later.

Well that's true, but if you're a sucker for sweets or fresh bread like me, then it's a must stop at least once. My Girlfriend lives less than a mile up 304. The day before might be okay, I definitly wouldn't try going the morning of Thanksgiving.

Westwood is a really nice little town, very suburban. I can give you a great place for sushi if you're interested.

You're really close to Rockland County there. It's only about an 8 mile drive to the famous Rockland Bakery, some elevation as well. Good luck.

I've spent a lot of time there, I just don't know how things shake out during snowstorms.

My guess would be 4-8 with potentially more upside.  But the airmass is marginal and we don't have elevation where I'm at... of course, I am psyched... and it will be my son's (8 months old) first snowstorm and I know he is going to be in complete amazement.  :)

Not dissapointed with this storm. Have to be excited regardless for what we may very well have end of next month and into january/february. We have seen farrr worse set ups for the winter season after an early season snowfall. Us coastal people i believe will be more than happy when this winter is officially over

My GF lives in New City in rockland county and the rockland bakery is awesome. Also the city line diner in new city has some of the best breakfast ive ever had.

Im gonna be staying up there saturday and sunday. Probably gonna knock some christmas shopping out as well as the shops at nanuet with my gf as well (not gonna be packed like palisades mall & woodbury commons that bring in loads of the orientals ) LOL!

I swear this place is like the 8th wonder of the world in the far east.. They come in bus loads. 

I swear this place is like the 8th wonder of the world in the far east.. They come in bus loads.

Literally, during the holidays you can the buses come and go and the worst part is they're inconsiderate snobs. Running/bumping into you and giving YOU dirty looks. Rather pay more somewhere else than be part of the sh*t show LOL!

Literally, during the holidays you can the buses come and go and the worst part is they're inconsiderate snobs. Running/bumping into you and giving YOU dirty looks. Rather pay more somewhere else than be part of the sh*t show LOL!

Haven't been in many years but the fighting over parking spots was the worst I'd ever seen

Haven't been in many years but the fighting over parking spots was the worst I'd ever seen

Yes i see that every year they're around that time and fender benders frequently because 1) people dont know how to back up properly and 2) people fly through the parking aisles at 20-30 mph with no time to react when people back up without looking. Really is a cluster up in woodbury this time of year and palisades mall is no better

Yes i see that every year they're around that time and fender benders frequently because 1) people dont know how to back up properly and 2) people fly through the parking aisles at 20-30 mph with no time to react when people back up without looking. Really is a cluster up in woodbury this time of year and palisades mall is no better

This was just a Sunday in October..can't imagine black Friday or the rest of the holiday season. Its also worse on Sundays since Bergen county's closed

This was just a Sunday in October..can't imagine black Friday or the rest of the holiday season. Its also worse on Sundays since Bergen county's closed

Thats right i forgot what the law was called but they close the malls sunday. Regardless shopping season post thanksgiving is wacky at both malls. Reason why cyber monday i get all my shopping done in one fell swoop. If i have go get odd and ends ill go to some of the local, less barbaric malls on LI

You are talking to someone who used to work in the Woodbury Commons for a few yrs lol.. I know first hand trust me. Nothing is worse than the european crowd in there though.

Thanksgiving night the northbound thruway is bumper to bumper for 10 miles trying to exit off to the commons. Anyone who lives in Orange County has a special place in their heart for that disaster of a "mall"

Its not that.. They show up with boat loads of their currency, exchange it there and go to town. The dollar is doodoo in comparison

Yea go into michael kors and coach and those orientals are whipping out 100's and going to town. Saw one last year have 5 bags, check out and clerk said that'll be $1032.33, lady proceeds to hand her stacks of $20's! Freakin' crazy and a i got was a purse for my gf lol

I've spent a lot of time there, I just don't know how things shake out during snowstorms.

My guess would be 4-8 with potentially more upside.  But the airmass is marginal and we don't have elevation where I'm at... of course, I am psyched... and it will be my son's (8 months old) first snowstorm and I know he is going to be in complete amazement.   :)

Congrats on the kid, I agree with 4-8" being a great call at this point for that area, maybe even 6-10". You picked a great day to head out of the city.

Eric Holthaus tweets out that "Tomorrow's storm is taking an ideal track for heavy snow in New York City."

eh? On the bright side, that's probably the first tweet of his I've seen that doesn't reference the polar vortex or global warming...

Good thing this was put in the banter not discussion thread LOL!

Eric Holthaus tweets out that "Tomorrow's storm is taking an ideal track for heavy snow in New York City."

eh? On the bright side, that's probably the first tweet of his I've seen that doesn't reference the polar vortex or global warming...

He's not wrong. It is an ideal track, but only if it was a month or two from now. 

Archived