Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

He's about as bad as Mayor 'the city's open, go see a show' Bloomberg

so how does everyone rate the quality of first real potential snowstorm thread of the season is going so far - be honest and review it first. What do you like the best and least so far ?

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44942-possible-nyc-snow-wed-night-or-thursday/page-13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so how does everyone rate the quality of first real potential snowstorm thread of the season is going so far - be honest and review it first. What do you like the best and least so far ?

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44942-possible-nyc-snow-wed-night-or-thursday/page-13

When the models show a favorable solution, the mood is happy.  When the ECMWF shows a less favorable solution, the collegiality sometimes descends into a bunch of cross words amongst those less emotionally predisposed to accept a bad outcome...same as every other snowstorm thread clear back to the Wright Weather board.

I love how the "calm, cool and collected" people go insane and suddenly are closed to the possibility of the latest model run 75 hours out from the storm maybe being wrong.....if it is good in their backyard. Would be a better idea for some to save the image from the model run of their choice that shows the best solution for them.....and look at it pretending that is what happened.....and not looking outside only because the drifts are too high to open the doors (and covering the windows)

When the models show a favorable solution, the mood is happy.  When the ECMWF shows a less favorable solution, the collegiality sometimes descends into a bunch of cross words amongst those less emotionally predisposed to accept a bad outcome...same as every other snowstorm thread clear back to the Wright Weather board.

Lol pretty much. Unfortunately it tends to be the same instigators with a few new ones tossed in for good measure. They all need to be put in time out

Lol pretty much. Unfortunately it tends to be the same instigators with a few new ones tossed in for good measure. They all need to be put in time out

Someone should teach a "how not to be a d*ck in these forums" class that certain individuals should be forced to take before being allowed to post again. :lol:

Christ. The Thanksgiving thread made me want to rip out my eyes.

Keep 'em in their sockets...with just 20 inches or so of snow coming to the Park this winter (per my spot on forecast)...the next 4 months of banter on this board is going to reach new heights in lol worthiness. 

Keep 'em in their sockets...with just 20 inches or so of snow coming to the Park this winter (per my spot on forecast)...the next 4 months of banter on this board is going to reach new heights in lol worthiness.

A forecast that bold is called fortune telling where I'm from lol... Lemme know where you got that crystal ball from so I can get me one ;)

A forecast that bold is called fortune telling where I'm from lol... Lemme know where you got that crystal ball from so I can get me one ;)

I've seen all this before...I come from your future.

Wow.....déjà vu. This is getting deep. I feel like I've seen the future and it led to the past

I might need a diagram to sort that one out...

Archived