Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
July 2-3 severe weather and flash flooding

Ian

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookin' forward to the infamous Woodbridge Split this afternoon and the klingon anti storm shield is in place and in good working order.

Leesburg will get smacked with 3 inches of rain today.

I'll see some clouds, hear some thunder, see some lightning, and I will love my three raindrops.

This weather is horrific. 93 degrees with a 78 degree dewpoint. Ugh. Real feel is 107. I hate summer.

If you want rain, have a little patience. We'll be hot and dry this summer. Then fall and winter will bring el nino with all the rain our hearts could desire.

From Afternoon LWX disco:

ACTIVITY WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE EASTWARD AND STRENGHTHEN AS
IT MOVES INTO A HIGHLY UNSTABLE ENVIRONMENT REACHING THE I-95
CORRIDOR AFTER 4PM. A LEE TROUGH ACROSS THE BLUE RIDGE WILL ALSO
ADD IN CONVERGENCE AND THUNDERSTORM DEVELOPMENT. BOTTOM LINE...ANY
BOUNDARY THAT MOVES THROUGH THIS AIRMASS WILL LIKELY INITIATE OR
ENHANCE CONVECTION. RIVER AND BAY BREEZES ARE PROBABLE TOO. HIGH
INSTABILITY AND MARGINAL SHEAR WILL LEAD TO THE THREAT OF DMG
WINDS AND LARGE HAIL TODAY. MULTICELL CLUSTERS AS WELL AS LINE
SEGMENTS ARE EXPECTED AS 0-6KM SHEAR VECTOR IS PARELLEL TO
BOUNDARY. ROTATING STORMS ARE POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

When a polygon overlaps accidentally triggering warnings for your county. Do you relay those to the public? Technically the county did go into a warning. Thoughts?

Warning fatigue is real IMO. Based on radar the present threat to MoCo is pretty low - but obviously that could change. I got the text alert and I see MCFRS tweeting out the warning as well - probably best to use best judgement when relaying or not relaying warning. The current system is still definitely better than the old whole county system. 

Warning fatigue is real IMO. Based on radar the present threat to MoCo is pretty low - but obviously that could change. I got the text alert and I see MCFRS tweeting out the warning as well - probably best to use best judgement when relaying or not relaying warning. The current system is still definitely better than the old whole county system. 

We just had that discussion in the office. I said I would not send it. My boss said he would. Boss wins every time which is why you got the warning. The MCFRS stuff is auto forwarded on Twitter from Alert Montgomery I believe. 

We just had that discussion in the office. I said I would not send it. My boss said he would. Boss wins every time which is why you got the warning. The MCFRS stuff is auto forwarded on Twitter from Alert Montgomery I believe. 

I would totally side with you on this one. Radar presentation just didn't support warning for MoCo anyway. Obviously you want to convey NWS info to public but at the same time you don't want to be the boy who cried wolf - especially when it's a mishapen polygon like that. 

IADasos is the best thing ever.  We all need to chip in for DCA.

07/02/14 16:13 EDT 320 14 20 240V320 29.87 91(F), 33© 70(F), 21© 49 % 10SM SCT055 BKN085 BKN110 N/A N/A 2500 N/A 96 F

07/02/14 16:12 EDT 290 11 20 240V320 29.87 91(F), 33© 72(F), 22© 51 % 10SM SCT055 BKN080 BKN110 N/A N/A 2500 N/A 97 F

07/02/14 16:11 EDT 230 07 N/A N/A 29.87 91(F), 33© 72(F), 22© 51 % 10SM SCT055 BKN090 N/A N/A 2500 N/A 98 F 74112

Archived