northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
July 2-3 severe weather and flash flooding

Ian

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Premature bust calls belong in the banter thread, not in a discussion thread. Especially when you cannot back up your reasoning.

A lot of posts in this thread without reasoning. The radar looks unimpressive, and so does shear.

A lot of posts in this thread without reasoning. The radar looks unimpressive, and so does shear.

It's only 2pm, with clusters of storms to the west. What more do you want, a full blown outbreak at 9am? Your mind is already made up though, it "felt" like a bust to you an hour ago.

Terrible storms

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC  202 PM EDT THU JUL 3 2014    VAC069-171-187-031845-  /O.CON.KLWX.SV.W.0123.000000T0000Z-140703T1845Z/  SHENANDOAH VA-WARREN VA-FREDERICK VA-  202 PM EDT THU JUL 3 2014    ...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 245 PM EDT  FOR FREDERICK...WARREN AND SHENANDOAH COUNTIES...    AT 200 PM EDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WAS DETECTED 6 MILES WEST OF  STRASBURG...AND WAS MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH.    THIS STORM IS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HAIL UP TO THE SIZE OF PING PONG  BALLS AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH.    LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...    FISHERS HILL...    STRASBURG...    FORT VALLEY...    MIDDLETOWN...    BUCKTON...    RELIANCE...    RIVERSIDE...    RIVERTON...    FRONT ROYAL... 

Terrible storms

THIS STORM IS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HAIL UP TO THE SIZE OF PING PONG  

BALLS AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH.

What's the difference in size between a ping pong ball and a golf ball?  Ping pong balls sound less threatening...

Might be good enough for some "meh" storms.

GTFO unless you are going to add something useful. It's like you've never seen storms anywhere before. By nature truly severe weather is isolated way more often than not. 

GTFO unless you are going to add something useful. It's like you've never seen storms anywhere before. By nature truly severe weather is isolated way more often than not. 

I grew up in Vegas, seen plenty of them. Since when was I not allowed to post an opinion? Am I lacking fancy professional and blog titles in my signature? "Meh" forecast is my call. I will be happy to post again if I am wrong. If that bothers you, don't read my posts.

Somewhat hypocritical to call out negative forecasts when plenty of people trolled the snow threads.

I grew up in Vegas, seen plenty of them. Since when was I not allowed to post an opinion? Am I lacking fancy professional and blog titles in my signature? "Meh" forecast is my call. I will be happy to post again if I am wrong. If that bothers you, don't read my posts.

Somewhat hypocritical to call out negative forecasts when plenty of people trolled the snow threads.

One post without much reasoning was sufficient then. No need to continue on with it. We've added you to the meh list.. thanks. 

Archived